My little rant for the day

Cudz

I don't often complain but I find this is happening more and more every year. It is almost midnight and my street is still not yet plowed.

I live on a pretty steep hill and i really wish my street would get done a bit sooner. It is not like this storm creeped up on us.

I know we are very fortunate living in the country we do and I am very blessed to have a healthy family and friends, but, I also feel that paying over $4500 in taxes is a bit too much for very infrequent street cleaning.

Done my rant.

I already feel bad about complaining about something so trivial.

Edited by Cudz

I don't often complain but I find this is happening more and more every year. It is almost midnight and my street is still not yet plowed.

I live on a pretty steep hill and i really wish my street would get done a bit sooner. It is not like this storm creeped up on us.

I know we are very fortunate living in the country we do and I am very blessed to have a healthy family and friends, but, I also feel that paying over $4500 in taxes is a bit too much for very infrequent street cleaning.

Done my rant.

I already feel bad about complaining about something so trivial.

Chris, if it's any consolation, I'm in the same boat as you do :angry: I live on a side street and the city crew will usually plow the main street first and then get to the side streets much later..... sometimes during the night but most often is when I'm finished using the snowblower.

I always have to clean the driveway snowbank twice :wallbash:

Jacques

I think its all a result of these Regional Governments, those in the country, instead of being Lot X concession Y in Anywhere Township, in Chris's case he is probably now in the City of Barrie, but still out in the country without the benefits of living in the city like regular snow plowing , sidewalks and such but they make him pay a big city mill rate based on his assessment. Lot of rural residents were dragged into Regional Government kicking and screaming because they were going to get hit with higher taxes with no increase in services. Can't say that I blame them. Chris , your rant is heard a thousand times everywhere there is regional goverments.

If you think that's bad, try living in Yellowknife!!!!

They don't bother plowing!!! :dunno:

They plow the main streets after a big dump but if it's just a couple of cm they don't bother.

Then they clear the streets twice a winter. In the middle of the night they close off a street and using loaders and dump trucks clear the street.

But until that time the snow just keep building. The side streets don't even get done when there is a big dump of snow.

The street I park on at work usually has 30 to 45 cm of compacted rock hard snow that builds up by the time they remove it.

While it's easy enough to drive on it makes for a very rough road. That street has not been cleared yet and we have had as much snow this winter as we had all of last winter. :dunno::blink::unsure: