One species for the rest of your days.

Kinger

Clive's got it. Tarpon put up the most ferocious, violent head shakes and the best runs!!

Yep. I'd go with baby tarpon on an 8wt.

Where you gonna be in 2010 Brother?? I'm leaving for Belize on the 28th... YYYYEEEEEEEEHHH!! :P:lol:

Steelies come in second, mostly because of geographical convenience...

HD

Lots of methods to catch them, and a great fighter, pound for pound.

They are most certainly the biggest bang for your buck when hooked. I have so much respect for smallmouth bass :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: , i would certainly not be a sad fisherman if I got 'stuck' fishin' them the rest of my life. :D

That's what makes em special ;)

haha, I know, I know! For me, my muskie hunting takes place around the multi-species stuff. I'll tend to fish half-days for them, either morning or evening, but if I get blanked, I'll always fall back on my bass or pike spots to get a little more immediate action. Later in the fall though, I won't even worry about the bass anymore, just the toothy critters.

Well...

I really don't think I could choose just one for the same reason I live in Canada.

I like the changing of the season.

I like switching it up, and that includes the water I fish, not just the species....

Be it an open lake troll for BOQ Pickerel, a Drift for steelies, top water Bass, or hucking giant baits for toothy critters I'm in...

But,

I suppose I'd have to go with Brookies for now if I had to choose one...

I enjoy the chase as Solo eluded to, but I also enjoy the opportunity to choose a release or a feed that

Can burn a memory of its own that just haunts you like a drug.....can't wait to get my next fix.

Cheers,

At this point in my life, I would have to say walleye. They are available pretty much year around and when they arent, it isnt for too long. They have a huge geographic range so you can fish them in a lot of different places, catching them with a city skyline as a backdrop or just beautiful bush and anything in between. With varying techniques available for catching them you are able to mesh your mood with whatever style or speed of fishing suits you at the time. The flesh is excellent table fare if you wish and they are also easy to C&R if you choose to do so. They are indigenous to the areas I fish unlike invasive species such as the pacific salmonoids or steelhead/rainbow, goby or asian carp, thus helping to maintain an ecological balance.

I thought species was a sub-catagory of genus, genus being more inclusive. It's been a long time since grade 8 biology, I could be wrong.

It's been a long time for me too but now that you've mentioned it you could be right. :blush:

I'm gonna have to look it up. :)

If you asked me this question 3 months ago, I would have answered Small Mouth Bass.

Now, I would have to say Steelhead. Fight really well and are fun to look at.

Don't get me wrong though. Smallies still have a special place in my heart.

DANO I remember it with this " Kids Prefer Cheese Over Fried Green Spinach "

Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species

lol, just shows you the difference in teachers and/or age as I was taught it stood for:

King Phillip Can Often Find Good Sex!