22 MONSTERS in 4 hours!! Niagara baby!! Are you ready for the best?

Bassive

:Gonefishing: Well what can I say boys and girls. It played out like a fine novel..It was the BEST of times, it was freak'n BEST TIME!!!

My buddy Yakpiker and I decided we wanted to fish the Niagara River last fall. After some homework and research we decided to go with a seasoned Niagara area guide to show us the around. We looked for the best and got the best. Steve Piggott who runs a true PRO!! A great boat, gear and very knowledgeable. That day we hooked 10 Rainbows and a hefty Walleye (6.9lb), but that was nothing compared to last week. We booked Steve again and looked for a good day out. Little did we know, it would be a GREAT day out.

We met Steve at the Queenston launch at 8am on November 11th; it was a sunny, crisp and clear day. Our guide was all ready to go, float suits laid out and rods rigged up; ready to go!! We started to do "the drift" and immediately hooked up a few beauties (Rainbows). As the first hour went on more and more American anglers in boats joined the drift. It was a holiday for some of them as well. Steve told Yak and I we'd best to back off of the trout drift for abit and target some famous Niagara Small Mouth Bass. SURE!! We said.. well let me tell you. We fished another part of the river and SMASHED 10 Smallies in a few passes. Great fish, some footballs and all scrappy for mid November. WOW our arms were getting a work out. Nine for me and 1 for Yaky boy. (he he)

BACK TO THE DRIFT!!! After a short boat ride & very education chat about the river's history and erosion, we were back on the money... Fish.. fish fish!! then BOOM!!! Yakpiker hooks the beast of the day, a 10.4 trout. It was madness. :worthy:

Now you gotta know this, both Yakpiker and I are not newbie fishermen. We've both done our "fair" share of fishing, clocking near 200 fishing days this year alone. We've fished and occasionally used guides on most of great waters this awesome province has to offer like Quinte, Kesagami (Edgar), Pointe Au Baril, and the French River. So when we say Steve was the best, we mean it and are qualified to say so. We've got "a few" bucks invested in that research. (See fishing trip list above)

At the end of the day I caught 17 and Yakpiker got 5 (including big fish of the day) :clapping:

Between us, 10 Smallies and 12 trout. I'm still in awe of the beautiful colours from those Niagara River Rainbows. There's nothing like that feeling/rush you get when your line goes tight and as your reeling in you see that first silver flash just under the surface, PURE JOY!!

Anyway, I had to tell you folks about it. It was THE best day I've ever had out. (Including the 5.3 Largie I caught this year.)

Again thanks to Steve P and Yakpiker. Great fish and laughs boys.

If you're looking for an OUTSTANDING Niagara area experience, get off the shore and get out with Steve. You'll never see or fish the Niagara River the same again. :thumbsup_anim:

Pics to follow in a day or two.

Ciao

Robbie B.

This post is useless without pics, thanks for coming out :dunno:

Can't help but notice you have yet to make a comment since some of the pictures were posted, does your mouth open wide enough to fit your foot in it?

welcome to the board Bassive and i like the post, congrats on a good day out.

Some days are good,then theres the bad days when I work the river to get 2 fish. You guys picked a good day and time of year with Rainbows ,browns,lakers and bass willing to take a bait.Here is one of the lakers. See you guys next year.

004-1.jpg

Nice fish. Steve, I've taken the liberty of removing one of your user names from the board along with the 39 posts under that name. Our rules state that we can only have one account per user.

The Niagara is the closest thing to a "cast and catch" fishery we have in southern Ontario when you hit the right day IMHO.

It can be a guides dream!

Not to mention the Bar.

Edited by Harrison

Nice fish. Steve, I've taken the liberty of removing one of your user names from the board along with the 39 posts under that name. Our rules state that we can only have one account per user.

I'm guessing from the lack of leaves on the tree that the laker was caught OOS?

nice assortment of fish though.

Edited by nomad