Almost got my 1st muskie

limeyangler

Hi all,

Went up the road to Eagle Lake yesterday with my buddy Lew to try for musky. It was a beautiful day , hardly a cloud in the sky, just a gentle breeze.

Within 15 minutes Lew had a nice fish hooked, he got it half way to the boat....it got off....DOH!

About half an hour later he got one in the boat....a nice 35" fish.

It went quiet for the next couple hours until i hooked into my 1st ever Muskie.....i got it half way to the boat....it got off....DOH again

Lew was trolling an 16" firetiger crankbait, i was trolling a 16" beleiver.....its meant tolook like a whitefish but i think it looks like a maniti....lol

We ended the day by stopping at a point dropping of nto deeper water facing the main basin of the lake and got a few walleye for the table.

There was ice at the landing, and lots of ice starting in the sheltered bays, so not long before we're out there icefishing......anyway...here's the pics from yesterday.

ICE AT THE BOAT LAUNCH

PB090256.jpg

IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY

PB090261.jpg

PB090262.jpg

PB090267.jpg

LEW GOT ONE IN AND OUT OF THE BOAT

PB090259.jpg

PB090260.jpg

AND WE FINISHED THE DAY WITH A FEW OF THESE

PB090265.jpg

I WILL GET MY FIRST MUSKIE SOON.....LOL

very cool for me to actually get one on the end of my line, and not bad considering thats only my second time out trying for them.

16" firetiger crankbait, i was trolling a 16" beleiver

for real? They make a 16 inch believer? I think the "common" size is around 9 inches. Pretty sure I've seen some around a foot (13 inches?), but 16 is news to me...or perhaps you have a "man's perception" of inches :D Whatever it is you're trolling around, keep at it and you will be rewarded.