Lac Seul Muskies

trapshooter

Over the last few weeks I've had some friends come up to fish Muskies with me on Lac Seul. The guys who came in late september had summer weather and we were raising and catching all our muskies casting bucktails, jerkbaits and topwater. The October trip was the opposite... cold, windy and snow. We still raised 2 muskies casting and one hit on the f8 but came unpinned. We trolled a lot more and that's how we put the fish in the boat.

This fish hit a cowgirl at boatside and launched 3' into the air before a quick net job. That'll get your heart pumping!

P9220176.JPG

P9220182.JPG

A few more for my buddies. First muskies ever for these two.

fishinf%202008%20009.jpg

DSCF1357.JPG

Cory gets one after losing a good fish the day before.

DSCF1349.JPG

My wife came out for a day hooked up while we were trolling.... she though it was going to be a muskie but turned out to be a decent pike.

P9200163.JPG

This is how the fall trip looked for a lot of the time we were out there.

P1030135.JPG

The boys still got some fish though. Jakes and Grandma's are good baits to troll up here in the fall.

P1030120.JPG

P1030143.JPG

P1030150.JPG

P1030154.JPG

P1030162.JPG

I'm trying to get out again before ice up gets here but deer hunting is getting in the way. ;)

Ben

Edited by BenBeattie

Just fantastic, Ben! I don't see any disease marks on any fish from Seul that have been posted here. Is there less occurrence of disease in muskies caught in that area as opposed to other places do you know?

Great report thanks.

Great stuff Ben, alot of nice fish there !!

That's a tough job you've got up there, but I spose somebody has to do it. :D

Sweet ski's you got there! Congrats on a job well done! B)

What speeds were these fish caught at?

Thanks for the pics,

fishindude

Thanks guys.

I feel truly lucky to live and work on lac seul.... all of these fish were just 'pleasure' trips though, with friends.

We're trolling between 1.7-3mph this time of year.

Just fantastic, Ben! I don't see any disease marks on any fish from Seul that have been posted here. Is there less occurrence of disease in muskies caught in that area as opposed to other places do you know?

Great report thanks.

These fish are pretty clean, Roy. You do get some with net rash and split fins, etc. though. They just seem like big, healthy muskies in this lake, from what I've seen. Other then that, I don't have any scientific info wrt disease to back it up with. I think their size and quality appearance has a lot to do with the size (large) of Lac Seul and lower angling pressure then other water bodies. It's not necessarily a N. Ontario thing either.... lots of places in South and Central Ontario with big, clean muskies. Not sure if that helps answer your question or not. :lol:

Edited by BenBeattie

Fine answer thanks Ben. No it's just that you'll often see muskies displaying wounds, lymphosarcoma and such and it just occurred to me that I couldn't remember seeing a marked up Seul fish. Thanks again.

Guest Johnny Bass

WOW! Those are some really healthy looking musky. Lac Seul looks like just one of those paradises every fisherman should visit at least once in their lives. Thanks for sharing.

Top stuff as per usual Ben!

Great looking toofy critters!

Now go and get those deer so we can go icefishing, first ice brookies is on the cards....Brkygtr wants to go to a little lake on Aitokokan hwy......should be too long now!

Once again...great musky action bro....and top notch report.

Graham's mustouchio is growing exponentially....lol