It's a question of time.

Roy

Tomorrow night we set our clocks BACK one hour. Clock setting is not all that important because you usually find out soon enough that you're not on the same page as everyone else.

The important part is that everyone who has battery powered smoke (and other) detectors should put fresh batteries in EVERY unit in the house.

Have a great weekend.

Tomorrow night we set our clocks BACK one hour. Clock setting is not all that important because you usually find out soon enough that you're not on the same page as everyone else.

The important part is that everyone who has battery powered smoke (and other) detectors should put fresh batteries in EVERY unit in the house.

Have a great weekend.

Thanks for the reminder Roy!

I actually had my smoke detector hard-wired into my electricity. Come to think of it I guess it won't help much if the power goes out! :wallbash: Better check to make sure it has a back-up battery inside.

Cheers,

Ryan

I don't really have to worry aboot the battery change, my units are hardwired into the house as well and give a very annoying CHIRP when the battery is low. When one battery goes low, I change them all.

Most of our clocks are radio controlled too, so we don't really have to worry about that either! :P

Two of mine are hardwired as well but I still have to put in fresh batteries.

Roy,

Just a reminder. The hardwired ones have an expiry date on them as well. Look on the back and there is a sticker with the expiry date stamped.

Roy,

Just a reminder. The hardwired ones have an expiry date on them as well. Look on the back and there is a sticker with the expiry date stamped.

Good point too! Changed mine two years ago or so.....good for a while still. I think my expiry date pre-dates those detectors'. :unsure:

And if you've removed the batteries because the detectors go off everytime you burn the toast, don't forget to put them back in when your done eating.

You wouldn't believe how many people have detectors in their homes without any batteries in them because they get tired of them going off all the time accidentely. It can be a minor nuisance, but replacing them everytime could save your families life one of these nights.

Good reminder for everyone Roy.

Thanks lew but I think I learned that from you. The part about shutting down outside faucets and changing furnace filters is good too.

Every spring the town sends around the lowest bidder to sweep chimneys. He sends down a 6" brush in an 8" flue. They charge $10 I think which is pretty cheap for what they have to do but it still only takes them less than 3-4 minutes per chimney if that. Give them an extra $20 and they'll do it right....it's too bad that you have to even ask.