Fishing Lake Champlain Sept 13th to 18th

spinnerbaitking

We will be heading down to Champlain on Saturday, set to pre fish Sun, Mon, Tues & Tournament Wed, Thurs, Friday, anyone have any helpful info for Champlain, I'm trying to down size my tackle but still need to take enough for the week, Tackle will be on Plano trays, 1 for Tubes, Senkos, Jerkbaits, mix of hooks & sinkers, 2 with Crankbaits from shallow to deep, 3 with a combo of Spinnerbaits, Buzzbaits and Chatterbaits plus 11 rods I think, Any tips or helpful info would be GREAT

Thanx Richard :Gonefishing:

you need to decide on a smallie or largie bag and focus efforts accordingly.Water temps are dropping and smallies will be schooling.Be ready for multiple fish of same size coming in with hooked fish. Best of luck and I hope the winds are light.

After seeing them so much on fishing shows and trying them with very good success this year I'd pack a few 4-5" swim baits. Biggest SB for me this year have come on them. I rig them texas rigged with a 1/2 weight and burn them just like a spinner bait over and around cover.

Thanx Guys I love this Quote but my boater may not like that, I made the team as a Non Boater so will be limited to the amount of room they give me, I haven't had much luck on the swimbaits, I have a lot of Bassmagnets and some other brands but they haven't worked for me, but OK I'll take them just in case, I've been surfing the net,watching shows And reading articles

Thanx Richard :Gonefishing:

I wouldn't downsize your gear just put it in a tube and drag it behind the boat lol

If it was me.

5 Rods.

1- 6lb flouro - drop shot

2 - 8 lb flouro - 1/8 tube

3- 8 lb flouro - 1/4 tube

4- 20lb braid - jerkbait

5 - 20lb braid - topwater (sammy/pop r)

Find the deepest weedlines you can adjacent to deep water. Find 5 or 6 stretches of them and rotate.

Just something else to try.

Good Luck

Thanx Guys I love this Quote but my boater may not like that, I made the team as a Non Boater so will be limited to the amount of room they give me,

Sorry, just saw you are a non boater. (above post is SMB)

If you hop in with a LMB guy

1,2,3 rods - Extra heavy flipping stick - 80lb braid - topwater frog bait. (you'll probably be back boated, this is a wicked bait to open up more water for you to fish and for following up and fishing the same water your boater just fished)

4 - 17lb flouro - spinnerbait / buzzbait (same reason as above when your out of the junk)

5 - 50lb flipper/pitch rod - incase you can deck fish with your boater.

If your boater wants to mix it up during the day, you best get a tube like Henry said :D

Hope this helps.

Brian, their on fire! lol

Edited by Harrison

Thanx Harrison & every one else, I will be letting you know how good or bad I do, It'll be fun Richard :Gonefishing:

Sorry, just saw you are a non boater. (above post is SMB)

If you hop in with a LMB guy

1,2,3 rods - Extra heavy flipping stick - 80lb braid - topwater frog bait. (you'll probably be back boated, this is a wicked bait to open up more water for you to fish and for following up and fishing the same water your boater just fished)

4 - 17lb flouro - spinnerbait / buzzbait (same reason as above when your out of the junk)

5 - 50lb flipper/pitch rod - incase you can deck fish with your boater.

If your boater wants to mix it up during the day, you best get a tube like Henry said :D

Hope this helps.

Brian, their on fire! lol

2nd practice day in, 1 lmbass on the frog this morning & then we ran for smallies, had 1 follow on a break from 13' to 24', caught 1 on a jerk bait & had 2 more follow left there, found a couple more spots that looked good but no takers, Dave got a nice pike on a crankbait & we caught a few perch all over the place, sounds like it was a little tougher for some of the other guys , 1 more practice day

Richard :Gonefishing:

3rd day ended early, we found a smallie ledge & caught 1 crankbait saw others, moved on & Dave got a small one & another boat caught 1, moved north further Dave got a lmbass flip'n & I missed 1 on a crank bait, found lots of bait, headed back south & hit 5 footers not nice, ended up tacking part way back, tucked in behind the Crown bridge for an hour or so , then we headed back out to a bay on the south end, speared a wave & filled the boat, decided to end the day rather than hit the lmbass, my boater for tomorrow says he has 18 spots and nailed a 7 lb lmbass Friday

Richard

Day 1 is over results are here http://www.bassfederation.com/pdf/09Easter...andingsDay1.pdf we had a tough day, lots of pike, I fished for lmbass today, my boater from New Hampshire ended up with over 15lbs & I caught 3 for 6lbs 14oz, off for smallies tomorrow with a guy from Rhode Island, individual weights are on here http://www.bassfederation.com/pdf/09EasternOverallDay1.pdf , off to bed

Richard

TDay 2 & Team Ontario is up to 6th, Gerard is in 4th & Barry in 8th, sounds like we have some good pairings tomorrow, my boater is leading the tourney with 33.07 lbs & tide for big fish today 5.7 lb lmbass, but there talking high winds & rain, hoping for the best

Thanx for the support guys Richard

http://www.bassfederation.com/pdf/09Easter...dStdbyState.pdf

http://www.bassfederation.com/pdf/09Easter...ingsbyState.pdf