MTBF's Giant and PB Largemouth

MCTFisher9120

Well, this weekend was a blast. Most importantly I caught my new PB Largemouth Bass and boy was this fish a HOG! Here's the story, We drove up there late Thursday night(Lake Seymour) and set up the trailer got some rods ready and went to bed.

I set my alarm for 5:15am the next morning and it was perfect out, flat water, no breeze and not a sole out on the lake. My favorite and most productive topwater bait is a skitter pop(2"). So I fished off the main dock in the cold for a good 20-30 minutes and without a single strike. So I'm thinking O great those OFC guys are going to be right..SKUNK!

Well, I was fed up so I walked across the shore to the next dock and casted out to a old retired dock that had a old broken up crib off to the side of it. On the first cast right after I set up the camera I threw the popper in and BAM! This huge bass came and swung at my bait like a train, waited a second and set the hook. With a lighter action rod and 12lb mono I was scared to death that I was going to loose it, so handling the biggest fish of my life I go 1 handed with the rod just to set up the camera and to get some of it on video lol.

Let's not forget I'm 6' tall and 200lbs...the pic of me standing makes the fish look perfect in perspective.

As heard on camera I thought i had a 5lb bass on so finally a nickle but nope she was bigger.

Fight video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmt6O4RfJTw

Ok but as you could see in the release video she was fine and strong after a few pictures and back and forth in the water.

Picture 1 and 2, man was I excited and stunned at the girth and weight of this monster that was caught from shore.

6lbs 13 ounces

100_1906-1.jpg

Again

ScreenHunter_08Sep031924.jpg

Shot with the scale

6lbs 13 ounces

100_1910-1.jpg

Can I say it again? 6lbs 13ounces

100_1907-1.jpg

More

100_1920-1.jpg

1More

100_1917-1.jpg

And as always a animal pic and a sky picture!

100_1955.jpg

100_1966.jpg

All and all this was the best and most exciting catch of my life and well it will be a hard fish to beat. Now that I have suppressed the nickle and a penny mark I'm on hunting for the 7lb bass!

:D :D :D :D :D

MTBF

Definitely looking into a replica mount

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

WOW,..that is one Huge Bass!! Congrats!! and She really took off well considering how long she was out of the water. Strong Fish!!!

Indeed, well she was only out of the water for maybe a minute. You would not want to see the slime my camera had on it due to me with the fish in and out between the 5second timer lol

was fun and a rush!

Thanks for all for comments, will check back later!

MTBF

MTBF!

Thats the biggest bass iv seen this year!

congrats on the awesome bass.

and what a great way to prove it a picture on the scale!

this aint no fishing story man.

i love how you proved this one.

what a great bass... i cant beleieve the size...... UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Excellent report, pics, vids, and fish Mike!!! :clapping::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

That is truely a trophy Bass for northern waters!!!... and good on you for releasing, her to keep her in the gene pool!!!

You have her address and maybe you can catch her again when she gains another pound or two! ;)

Thanks for taking the time to post that wonderful report!!! B)

Edited by GCD

Way to go Mike. That is a DONKEY!!!!!!

Well done! Look how small that lure looks in it's ya. Too funny.

THat is a great fish.

See, you put the time on the water, do the right things and you are rewarded royally. That beats my pb LM by almost 2 pounds. lol!