looking to buy a GPS for the vehicle

mikeh

my dad has a garmin 265 wt and I used it in florida. Pretty sweet and easy to use. Text to speech is cool a option and the 4.3" screen is a little nicer than a 3.5". If I was going to buy one I would probably get a Garmin 255w

my dad has a garmin 265 wt and I used it in florida. Pretty sweet and easy to use. Text to speech is cool a option and the 4.3" screen is a little nicer than a 3.5". If I was going to buy one I would probably get a Garmin 255w

What he said

TomTom. Check out TigerDirect.ca and look at their refurb units. The 720 is the one I have. Mapping is nicer than Garmins.

Tom Tom aint worth diddly squat!!! IMO

Real men don't need a GPS... we drive around until we find it!!!

... but if you're less than masculine, Ol' Yeller has a Garmin Nuvi and loves it!!!

... if only it would help her find the car in the Wal-Mart parking lot!!! :w00t:

I have a Nuvi 255. It's good enough for what I need it for. The higher up you go will cost more. I like the Garmin brand so that's why I chose that one. Do research on the Garmin site before you decide to get one. The higher up you go will have more functions. You can get some that have mp3 player, bluetooth enabled and so on. I don't have the wide screen model but prefer it.

yep, i've got the bluetooth in mine and it works great!

Down here in the USA the maps that GPS cartographers are pulling from are outdated at best. I have the TOM TOM because while they use the same map base they also allow users to make changes on the fly and submit them via internet for tom tom to confirm. Every time you log in with your gps they up date the maps quarterly and you get all of the information that people have edited and confirmed as well. The first year is free and then it is like $50.oo a year for current maps. The unit itself has all of the features of the Garmin depending on the model and the GPS price wars have made them all a real bargain.

Hey DAWG I bet my GPS can kick your GPS ass in a geography tussel......

Art