Anyone see that Nitro 290 they have at BPS

Cudz

That Nitro 290 sport at BPS is a real real good looking boat. Fiberglass 19.5' 225 merc proXS. 15hp kicker. cool jump seats in back. So far it might be my favourite fishing/family boat. Very smart looking indeed.

Only problem for me is that I come up $60,000 short :o

That Nitro 290 sport at BPS is a real real good looking boat. Fiberglass 19.5' 225 merc proXS. 15hp kicker. cool jump seats in back. So far it might be my favourite fishing/family boat. Very smart looking indeed.

Only problem for me is that I come up $60,000 short :o

HAHA got you beat i was only $59,999.99 Short

Edited by Henry Nguyen

Nitro has been plagued by poor customer service and very bad re-sale values in the states due to their build. Bad build = lots of calls and warranty work = bad customer service due to calls and warranty work not being handled the way people expect.

There are better choices out there.

Ranger

Stratos

Triton

Take your pick.

My bud who I do the odd tournament with has a Nitro with a 225 Optimax on it and for the last two years has had a de-lamination problem with his hull on five (5) count em five, separate occasions. He is now looking at taking them to court to do the repair properly.

Apparently they have been re-glassing without actually replacing the stringer (shortcut fix) and the fix has been half assed.

He also had them repair a lot of spider cracks all over the boat after two years of service.

If I were looking to purchase something with a price tag that high I would be looking at Ranger or Princecraft, IMHO.

Nitro has been plagued by poor customer service and very bad re-sale values in the states due to their build. Bad build = lots of calls and warranty work = bad customer service due to calls and warranty work not being handled the way people expect.

There are better choices out there.

Ranger

Stratos

Triton

Take your pick.

My first real boat will need to be a Triton...nothing huge maybe a 16-18' boat with something in the one hundred's for HP

As for that 290 by nirto, would love to get it for free but would never buy it myself.

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

For that kinda money I'd rather have something like this, and have $20G left to blow on electronic and other goodies.

http://www.donhydemarine.com/searchengine/...rtDir=DESC&

BTW that includes a T top with rocket launchers . yes please :)

You might want to save some of that $20G to put a motor on that baby. Looks like $40G just buys the boat.

You might want to save some of that $20G to put a motor on that baby. Looks like $40G just buys the boat.

New 2008 Mako Center Consoles for sale @ clearout prices!

-171CC $23,261 w/ Evinrude 90hp Etec

-184CC $27,841 w/ Evinrude 115hp Etec

-204CC $40,249 w/ Evinrude 175hp Etec & T-top.

Sea-trials available upon request. Please contact Jeff or Brian at Don Hyde Marine for full details and pictures. (905)-768-3267

this text from another ad, seems to indicate the motor is included, I thought it a lot of boat for the money for a Great Lakes angler