Whats it take to be a weatherman/women

misfish

I cant believe how far OFF these people have been, calling the weather.Today was to be the best day of the weekend,sun with cloud hi of 22 here.

Man it feels like it,s going to snow or something.

Middle of July and we have had maybe 3 to 5 days of real summer weather so far.

On a positive note,the air conditioner bill is nil.LOL

PLEASE BRING SOME SUMMER TEMPS SOOOOOOOOOOOON.

Geeze Brian, I don't even waste my time checking the forcast anymore. I just look out my window.

Don't you have the newfie weather vane? Works great and simple to use. You should pick one up, they're never wrong!!

S.

If anyone ever bumps into one of these guys (weather man) please ask him what's the difference between "partly cloudy" and "partly sunny"........to me it's kind of means the same thing but one day they say it's going to partly sunny and the very next day they show partly cloudy....and if there is a difference which is better. :huh:

the majority of tv weather people just give you the environment canada forecast, they do very little forecasting on thier own so you can't really blame them. I will agree though, the super computers and the weather models have been way off this year, those models works best when we are seeing normal average weather conditions, which we haven't. I think this might be the worse summer i've seen in my lifetime.

Edited by blarg

I listen to the Environment Canada marine forecasts for Nipissing, especially for wind speed and direction, and they've proven to be wrong often enough to be unreliable.

"UP NORTH" in Barrie??? :P

It's practically a suburb of Toronto from where we sit! :D

Yeah, Summer 2009 sucks bigtime so far.

I kinda like not getting fried out in the sun fishing or doing yard work, and having the house cool in the evening for sleeping without the air conditioner running...I dunno...I would take a summer like this every year.

yeah me too as long as the winters were identical to the summer

If anyone ever bumps into one of these guys (weather man) please ask him what's the difference between "partly cloudy" and "partly sunny"........to me it's kind of means the same thing but one day they say it's going to partly sunny and the very next day they show partly cloudy....and if there is a difference which is better. :huh:

Were just getting that"partly sunny" part now. :wallbash:

We have had a looooooooong winter followed by a cool spring and finally yesterday summer showed up. :rolleyes:

For at least the next week or so we are going to have a nice summer. :clapping:

Hopefully all this heat will burn off the bugs!!!!!! :D

YKSummer.jpg

LMAO @ mid 20's being "Heat"!!!! :w00t:

I don't even have my air conditioner set that low for the inside of the house!!!

For at least the next week or so we are going to have a nice summer.

Heck, I'd take that!

This is what our whole summer has been like... and it's raining now and has been, off and on, all day... and it seems like almost every day for the past 3 weeks...

weather.JPG

I almost became a meteorologist. I went to a football recruitment weekend to McGill when I was in my final year of high school and I had a great time. I applied and got into the meteorology program (might have been an environmental science degree, can't remember but the major was meteorology). It is a moot point as I got early acceptance to Waterloo and never went to McGill. Kind of glad I didn't go. I don't know too many people who like meteorologist lately.

All I can say is bring on the global warming Al Gore!

Edited by Cudz

All the scientists that are talking about Global Warming had a convention in Ottawa last week, they are now talking about the New Ice Age!!!!!

Maybe you aren't old enough to remember this but in the 70's the same scientists that are now predicting Global Warming were then predicting Global Cooling........ look it up if you don't believe it........

The weather patterns go in cycles just like rabbits and other earthly things.......I never believed in Global Warming and never will..............why the thermal pools and releases in Yellowstone have more impact on the earth than most.......oh there I go........Sorry....

Bob