How many of you hunt aswell

Fishnwire

How many of you hunt aswell  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hunt at least once a year

• Yes, at least once every fall.
    • No, have never hunted or haven`t in years.

I enjoy waterfowl hunting in the fall. Still kind of a noob when it comes to hunting, but learning on your own makes it more challenging and fun at the same time. But I'm not going to let anything stop me!

Nothing better than watching the sunrise and calling (or trying in my case) ducks in to your spread.

I use to moose hunt with a good friend in Red Lake then he started getting mad because I would leave my gun in the truck and take only my camera and telephoto lens. lol Early morning sun during a cold snap = great photo opps. On the other hand, I called out the last moose we shot in the area before he moved to Ottawa. I let him keep the rack.

It doesn't get more exciting than waterfowling when the action gets going - ducks circling, ducks cupping their wings to land in your pattern, calling, gauging distances and letting 'er rip when the moment is right. I don't think you get that concentrated amount of shooting for anything else. I think it'd ruined my hearing somewhat though! No testament to my wing-shooting but I could sometimes go through better than a box of 25 in a morning. The ducks were skittish and stayed a maximum range, yeah, that's it. :blink:

Waterfowling is also one of the most dangerous types of hunting if you're with a partner. You and he have to be VERY aware of zones of fire and always err on the side of caution when swinging the gun.

I havn't be hunting as long as I've been fishing. Only started hunting about 3 years ago. I love it. Wish I would have started hunting back when I was a tike.

Got my first dear this past christmas with a cross bow. Best feeling I've ever felt before.

I also do a bit of hunting. :whistling:

I'm not much into big game (way too much work after the shot) :D

But I love to hunt with dogs. There is nothing better than watching a good pointer work for grouse or phesants or a retriever bringing back a duck or goose. I also really enjoy hunting ducks over decoys. It's a blast watching them turn into the spread.

While I'm not into big game, I still love to chow down on a good feed of caribou or moose or buffalo or.................................................... :lol:

My fav is phesant though, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Phesant!!!!!! LOL

Unfortunately there aren't any up in the arctic so grouse the size of phesants will have to do. B)

I'm not much into big game (way too much work after the shot) :D

My fav is phesant though, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Phesant!!!!!! LOL

Unfortunately there aren't any up in the arctic so grouse the size of phesants will have to do. B)

It used to be too much work after the shot but now half of the guys I hunt with have 4 wheeler in the woods and after I shoot I just call on the radio and one will pick up the deer either before we all get together at lunch or when the sun goes down. It don't get no better than that..... :clapping:

When I was a kid I use to go pheasant hunting with my dad. They were everywhere........now they are nowhere.... :(

I used to hunt "aswells" but so far I haven't seen one to shoot. Does anyone know what to use for bait?

Art

That depend on what you are after Art...........if your deer hunting Brut works good for blondes and redheads.....don't know what works on brunettes because I have never hunted for them...... :devil:

I have been hunting since...........................well.....................lets just say a long time. Mostly grouse, deer, and moose.

Did the waterfowl hunting thing way back when, but too many bluebird sunny days with no wind on the weekends with no results, just gave it up and sold all the decoys(not the gun though).

I have been out with my dad since I was 5 (obviously not hunting) chasing rabbits and pheasents. As soon as I was able to get my licence, I signed up and got everything I needed to hunt. I used to do a lot of goose and ducks but now I don't bother, I like the big game mostly Deer, Moose, Bear and sometimes rabbits and bushchickens can be a great day out with my dog. Most of my hunting is done with a compound bow, but I also use a muzzleloader and 12g.

Once deer season starts no fishing for me, time to fill the freezer.

I hunt Deer, turkey, grouse, and musky. Something about waking up with the woods is hard to describe.

And I wouldnt say its a hard thing to get into, 10hrs a piece for PAL and Hunter Ed. plus 6hrs for turkey. Well worth safety in the bush if you asky me. Thats less than drivers ed. The hard part is finding land to hunt!

On that note 71 days til deer season!!!