Maiden tour with the new boat

misfish

Both Betty and I got off work earlly.The sun was shining,but could see some dark clouds heading.Figured we go for a quick tour of the bay.

Launch went well, so so. Turn blower on,and start.Aw wait a minute,dosent sound right.Crapola,didnt lower the out drive.No prob.Turn off lower,lower the drive,turn on blower again,start.Alls good.

Now were off.Head right to my fav smallie area to wet a line for awhile.No fish.Must be the big boat.LOL

20090717_05.jpg

It was not a fishing day for me,it was a tour for Betty and her boat.

The wind was blowing 20k from the south,so I figured why not head and see how she does,as I knew there would be a good chop in the main lake.And there was.2.5 to 3 foot waves. I was impressed how she handled.Betty on the other hand,her eyes were on the hell hold on handle.LOL

We could see the storm was moving into the Barrie area fast so we head for port.Man did it come down.We were told that some of the stitching leaked and it did,but no worries,have a new top being made in the next couple of weeks.

Heres the next bone head move. Put the boat on the trailer first time perfect.Lock her in and pull away.OH OH,seems hard to pull half way up the ramp.Yep,this time I forgot to raise the out drive. :w00t::wallbash: Stop the truck,say a few words that cant be said here.Get out,raise with no prob.

Oh, Im going to love this new boating.

Back out in the AM.

Edited by misfish

Looks like the boat runs good a back up motor would be a good thing to add

what are you looking at 15 or 20hp?

Nothing big bro.Just maybe a 9.9.

Have you stopped laughing yet? LOL

I have.

Cant believe what I did today.Rushing to much. Much more attenttion is required with these bigger boats.

No big deal on the gong show Brian. You gotta learn one way or another :) I've learned lots of things the hardway. Sometimes thats what it takes to get it thru your skull........well, in my case anyways :lol::dunno::wallbash:

You guys are going to have a lot of fun in that boat. Throw a couple riggers on there and your all set. An evening troll on the bay on a nice evening after work........ya can't beat that!!

A kicker would be a great addition for sure.

S.

118 views.It,s ok you can call me a dumb ars.LOL

John she seen that,LOL

Hey Brian. I did the exact same thing with mine getting her out of the water the first time. I thought I trimmed it up but had a dead battery and with 3 kids talking in the boat I did not hear that the trim was not actually working. I pulled the boat out slowly and heard a clunk. Not cool! Immediatley stopped and managed to hook up a battery booster to get the trim to work. I did however put a small ding in a brand new prop :angry: Been out 2 times since and have been very good at remembering to lift the outdrive. My last 3 boats have all been outboards so it was always easy to see if the motor was up or not.

Your boat looks good. That storm did dump some rain on us.

20090717_05.jpg

How far did you have to chase the Ghetto Gangsta before you could steal those pants off of him???

it was a tour for Betty and her boat... I think we need some pics of Miss Betty operating her new boat!!!

Heres the next bone head move. Put the boat on the trailer first time perfect.Lock her in and pull away.OH OH,seems hard to pull half way up the ramp.Yep,this time I forgot to raise the out drive. :w00t::wallbash: Stop the truck,say a few words that cant be said here.Get out,raise with no prob...So, you've already autographed the skeg eh?! :rolleyes:

Back out in the AM... Remember the outdrive!!! :w00t:

How far did you have to chase the Ghetto Gangsta before you could steal those pants off of him???

LOL Dawg.

it was a tour for Betty and her boat... I think we need some pics of Miss Betty operating her new boat!!!

Betty,s going for her operators card soon.Til then,it,s mine.LOL

Chuck,we headed down to Crates this morning,didnt see ya bud.Where were ya?

Boat traffic out there was almost nil.Amazing.

Boat handles real nice.Once you find that sweet spot,it,s awesome.

Well, just came back to pick up a few things.Heading back down for a night cruise and a movie and some festives and shrimp cocktails(once were back to the dock).

No bone head moves today.I have a reminder sheet now.LOL

Night all.

Edited by misfish

OH OH,seems hard to pull half way up the ramp.Yep,this time I forgot to raise the out drive. :w00t::wallbash: Stop the truck,say a few words that cant be said here.Get out,raise with no prob.

You didn't invent this move Brian but given time you could perfect it. :D

Congrats on the boat.....zoom, zoom.