Ebay can eat a big banana with extra whip cream

GbayGiant

So I've been purchasing items off Ebay since the site started years ago and have purchased over 300 items all payed for by a Canada post Money Order with a 100% rating. My most recent purchase was three weeks ago and had no problems. I go to purchases some new musky reels a Curado 300, and a Calcutta 400TE yesterday as usuall I had to PM the seller to see if they would accept a Money Order payment, they both declined and said Ebay no longer prohibits Money Orders(that was news to me apparenty since June 14th).

So anyway, that's it for me and Ebay, I refuse to get a paypal account and that's the only option they have now other than another sites they own like paypal or a credit card but most sellers can't take credit cards. Just another corporate company squeezing every penny they can forcing garbage down people throats.

Why do you refuse to get a PayPal account? More secure than money orders, more protection for you. And.....you have a choice of paying with credit card or by direct debit......I would NEVER pay for anything by money order.

I too refused at one point to go through paypal and was always sending money orders. However it cost more to get money order (dont they charge you for them), anyways, I know love paypal, its fast, the seller gets the money quicker and we get our fishing stuff faster. It is a great thing, dont knock it until you try it.

Yes but the new money orders are bullet proof, the clerk has to type everything into the computer now and they have more security prints on the paper as well.

The point here is that Ebay is forcing people to use paypal, some people don't have credit cards or also refuse to use credit cards for similar reasons, just the fact they are that greedy is what gets me. Only 10% of ebay purchases where made via MO, but that adds up to millions of potential paypal profit for Ebay. I've also googled tones of very unhappy customers using paypal, apparently they don't like to deal with problems just like any insurance companies, they tell you one thing then when you actually need their help they do everything possible to not help.

I tried to get a paypal account but my name and email has already been taken. It says I already have a paypal account. I can't figure it out.

And, nobody else has the same name as me...NOBODY

I've been with PayPal since 2002 and Ebay since 2001. I have 2 credit cards and 2 bank accounts on PayPal. I used to sell, but now I mostly buy, never had a problem. If you use PayPal for purchases it's 100% free, but if your selling, then they get a small %. 7 years with PayPal, I love it, the money come straight out of the account or credit card with no information revealed.

Yes but the new money orders are bullet proof, the clerk has to type everything into the computer now and they have more security prints on the paper as well.

The point here is that Ebay is forcing people to use paypal, some people don't have credit cards or also refuse to use credit cards for similar reasons, just the fact they are that greedy is what gets me. Only 10% of ebay purchases where made via MO, but that adds up to millions of potential paypal profit for Ebay. I've also googled tones of very unhappy customers using paypal, apparently they don't like to deal with problems just like any insurance companies, they tell you one thing then when you actually need their help they do everything possible to not help.

I had a vendor sell me a set of carburetors and never shipped them. I went thru PayPal and they recovered my money within 30 days and closed the vendors account. It seems that when the seller gets paid from PayPal it is to his credit card/bank account and they are bound for 30 days for an automatic withdrawl if their is a protest. Being a buyer with Pay Pal is golden it's being a seller that would make me nervous.

Art

I've been buying from ebay for years, and throughout that time I've used Paypal with nary a problem. I used MO's a few times early on and they were a huge hassle, and time-consuming.

The way I see it:

• It's free to the buyer (the seller pays a fee).
  • I can choose whether to use debit or credit.
  • The seller can invoice me directly and adjust shipping etc. as per emails.
  • I can pay for a purchase with only about a minute or two of my time taken up.
  • The seller never sees my credit card number.
  • The shipping of my purchase is immediate.

It's almost too simple and too easy to spend money, that's the only problem! :D

Here are my two latest purchases, bought yesterday. If the norm appplies, I'll have them by mid-week. You'd have a hard time prying me away from ebay and Paypal...

jit1.JPG

jit2.JPG

All true, I have been dealing with PayPal for 7 or 8 years without a complaint.

It's safe and secure.

The reason ebay is getting away from other type of payment is SECURITY as there is way too much fraud going on in cyber space.

They are trying to protect their buyers and sellers against fraudulent deals done with money orders, cheques etc. from both sides (seller and buyer). The way i see it ebay is trying to make their community a safer place to do business.

Which is OK in my book!!!! :)

I happy with Paypal and ebay its so simple, over 100 transactions and no problems yet

and I just picked up a new reel on there ,Brand new 2009 Pti tour and saved myself over 100 bucks , right place right time :D

now i wait for the brown truck to show up :santa:

now i wait for the brown truck to show up :santa:

I think you're using a figure of speech but just a caution there, for those who don't know. Make sure your seller, if USA-based, sends parcels by US Postal Service (USPS). If your seller ships by FedEx or one of the other carriers, you will get nailed bigtime for the fee they charge for cross-border customs clearance. Through regular mail there is no such charge, just possibly a $5 handling charge from Canada Post --- although I have virtually never seen them charge it.

I used to use money orders too .. switched to Paypal about 5 years ago ... its fast and there is NO FEE and I can actually send instant money (that Ebay insures) straight out of my bank account without ANY of my personal info having to be shared - other than where I live (so they can ship my goods to me) ... I have never had a problem with it .... and would never go back to Money orders ... which seem to take much longer to process - have to be mailed and have often got bank charges on both sides attached... and in some countries there are still long periods of time before they 'clear'...

Any how .. maybe its worth a second look

Edited by camillj

this dude needs to buy looser underwear and chill out!

I would wedge your looser underwear over your dumb head and hang you by a tree untill they ripped and you can eat a banana with extra whip cream as well. With angry as your handle I would say your the one who needs to chill, this is a perfectly good argument for people with no credit cards that have been supporting Ebay for years.

I've sent 300 money orders with no problems, you can see why I think this is Bull and sure paypal is convinent but Ebay does profit off of it and that's the true reason they changed their so called polices which is the true reason I'm upset, people without credit cards should be able to purchase especially if they have a clean record over all these years.

Edited by GbayGiant

You've certainly got a legitimate gripe if that's the way you liked to do it, GBG, but it doesn't really matter if ebay makes money off Paypal--- you don't have to pay for it to use it, if you're a buyer.

The reason everybody has gone to it is that it's easy and instant. Those are the two watchwords these days, and almost everybody has a credit card, even if just for purposes like this. There's really no reason not to own one if you pay your outstanding balances immediately, like I do through internet banking. Transactions cost zero, and they're secure.

I take it you're not happy with AP's comment. :D ... justified.

Don't worry about pigeons --- their coo is worse than their peck. :P

Edited by Jocko

thanks for the banana and cream comment, and the threat of an atomic wedgie. haha, goes well with my underwear joke - now we're back in grade school.

maybe you'll consider the sound advice you've received from others. you seem to be the only one here with this ignorant and misguided opinion of paypal. your rant is completely illogical - seems you've got a lot of issues with electronic fund transfers, insurance companies, and credit card companies. were you turned down for an insurance claim, do you have bad credit, or are you against increased convenience and protection of financial technological advancement? i was wrong. you don't need looser underwear - you need an animal skin loin cloth to bring you back to the stone age.

I can see this tread will be locked up soon,lol. Don't know why I bother ranting it get's me nowhere. :D

On a lighter note here's a nice little piker from last night, a slender 41" surprise fish that hit a salmo skinner twitch bait musky fishing, also a 28" walleye hit the same lure in 3 feet of water. First time using it they seem to have great action that the fish like.

gallery_322_548_9153.jpg

Edited by GbayGiant

wow....you guys asking why he doesnt want to use paypal need to do a google search for "paypal sucks" to see why you should stay away from it! matter of fact, there is a website paypalsucks.com where you can learn about their shady practices.

ive done alot of online trading and many of the people ive dealt with refuse to use paypal. i had an account for a few months then cancelled it after learning about them ripping off so many people.

stay away from paypal! use EMT's whenever possible...

Stay away from the site that calls itself "paypalsucks". I got a threat warning when I linked to that.

Yes, these horror story sites have been around for a while. They mostly deal with people who are selling products, not buying them. So they are of little concern to me personally as all I do is buy. I've sold a couple of things using ebay and Paypal and had no problem, but only a couple.

If you want to use ebay you have little choice but to use Paypal. It's all that most sellers will accept. If they have problems with some of their customers, they must chalk it up to the cost of doing business, because there are many sellers who have sold thousands of items (check some feedback numbers) and continue to use it great guns.

Refusing to use Paypal is certainly an option for anybody who's uncomfortable with it. Just be aware that it severely limits what you can do on line. You're swimming against the current.

There are probably tens or hundreds of thousands of transactions that go through ebay and Paypal every day. There are bound to be some complaints. I'm not saying that's good, but it's not surprising.

---

EDIT - Sellers can check the feedback rating of potential buyers on ebay. Some sellers state in their ads that they will not accept bids from buyers who have low feedback or negative feedback. Ebay's feedback system, from what I can see, works quite well.

Edited by Jocko