Its good to know bout computers NF

Hooked

Had the dayoff today and decided to run some errands with my son. Decided to stop by a sports store, think it was Athletes World? As we were walking around, heard the girls in a panic while they spoke with what appeared their head office. Appears their server was down and head office was trying to walk them through trouble-shooting it. They were not too pleased since they knew nothing about computers and customers getting denied on their purchases, returns....

Well, I stepped in and informed them that I know about computers, after all, that is what I do for a living. After they heard that, they pretty much hung up the phone.

After getting their server up and running again and diagnosing that their bar code scanner is doa, they were quite ecstatic. I was about to leave knowing I did a good deed, they stopped me and asked to leave my phone #. Got a call a few hours later that they got a $50 gift certificate for me and an employee discount on any purchase for life, haha. I tell ya, its good to know about computers.

well thats very good for you and for them,and its even better that they knew it was a serious problemand they would have to maybe close the store or not accept any debit or credit cards,so you probobly saved them lots of money in lost sales so everybody wins...thats cool :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: it proves again that us OFC,members are the best people there is....cheers