Canada Day Clowns

Jonny

IMO, this thread is confrontational by design. Everyone and I DO mean everyone knows that those people are not disrespecting the flag.....no more than I am by having tags of our flag on my luggage. This is pure silliness.

I like those canada flag umbrella hats

where to you buy them

they look great for a super hot sunny day

it would block a lot of sun but is open to let the heat out

really I would wear one, if I could find out where to buy one

These work just as well to keep you cool on a hot summers day. :)

But I would replace the Mountain Dew with something a litte better. ;)

27421.png

Not a post that I expected to see on Canada day.

The one day in the year that raging patriots can go wild with their attire.

I think it's a good thing.

It would be a little weird if it were like that every day of the year. I expect and welcome it on Canada day though.

IMO, this thread is confrontational by design.

Being the originator of this thread I respectfully disagree. I also understand that if you hold that opinion I'm not likely to change your mind.

Here's a thread that fits the "confrontational" idea better IMO ---

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33540

But anyway, it's your call whether to lock the thread. I'll respect that. It's a bit of a learning curve knowing what's acceptable to the moderators.

heres a better question for you ...and you see it everyday when your walking down the street...

why do people that arent hiding in a bush with a weapon in thier hands wearing camo clothing in malls ??? what are they hiding from??? or is there game running around in the city i dont have a tag for...

" things that make you go HMMMMMM" Arsenio Hall

Just trying to make light of our freedoms

Jacko i apologize for the narrow minded comment

Edited by Twocoda

I don't have a flag at home myself but my neighbour she likes to wear her Canadian Flag bikini any time she sunbathes. And every time she does I stand at attention!!!

Now if Quebec separates I wonder if it is on the top or bottom part of the Bikini.

:lol:

Being the originator of this thread I respectfully disagree. I also understand that if you hold that opinion I'm not likely to change your mind.

But anyway, it's your call whether to lock the thread. I'll respect that. It's a bit of a learning curve knowing what's acceptable to the moderators.

Disagreeing is not a bad thing....you'll notice that I disagreed as well.

As far as changing someone's mind is concerned, that's the ultimate put down. You cannot change my mind. You can convince me to change my opinion based on new information. But you haven't given me any.

Yes it is the mods' call to lock a thread but so far, there is no reason to.

And the learning curve? You've been here 6 months under that user name. I consider you an intelligent individual and reckon that 6 months is plenty to learn the rules. Pay special attention to the part about 'baiting'.

All is good here so far.

As little as 20 years ago, you'd have a hard time finding pictures of a lot of people decked out in that way. We as a nation had a real identity crisis for a long time. The fact that more and more Canadians are moved to show their "patriotism" in a way that possibly borders on tacky is a good thing.

I say "ROCK ON!" to whoever wanys to show their national pride in whatever way they see fit.

BTW - Wearing an ACTUAL flag, not a representation of one, might be considered disrespectful. Somebody drying themselves at the beach with a towel that looks like a flag and using an actual flag are two different things...that said, a door mat that looks like a Canadian flag would be unacceptable. I think the distinction is usually pretty obvious.

i don't mind seeing things like this. It's all in fun, kinda like going to sports events and seeing logos and team colors painted on the face or body. I'm all for freedom of expression on this one. If you're offended, don't look.

To quote an old sweat ( veteran of WW I ) I once knew. "The flag is no more than a rag on a pole. Shot through, soiled, worn and bloodied. But men have fought and died for that flag and all it represents, and to this day, dutifully offer there loyalty to all that it represents ( whether the Maple Leaf or the Ensign)."

It may be only a rag on a pole, but it is mine to hold and cherish. Mine to uphold and respect. Today, we are still fortunate to have men and women in this country who would give up there lives for it. Who cares how we display or wear it as long as we hold it dear.

I like those canada flag umbrella hats

where to you buy them

they look great for a super hot sunny day

it would block a lot of sun but is open to let the heat out

really I would wear one, if I could find out where to buy one

wall mart i would guess

And the learning curve? You've been here 6 months under that user name. I consider you an intelligent individual and reckon that 6 months is plenty to learn the rules.

Don't go assuming too much by the start date. I only started regularly reading and posting in this forum a few weeks ago. I had a total of six posts from my join date til June 1st, and rarely visited the site.

There seems to be enough leeway in the rules, judging by what I've seen here on EI, Welfare, the GM bailout, trashing unions, etc.

The difference between principle and practice. ;)

All is good here so far.

NP, then. I imagine your skin is as thick as mine. I don't mind people holding a different opinion from my own. And I don't expect every person to be a friend, or friendly, just as I wouldn't expect it in real life.