Lakair 2009

ccmtcanada

Well I got to hear all the stories up close and personal with all the expected excitement (almost made me want to go out in the rain....LOL) but seeing the pictures sure does bring in the visual aspect. :D

Was great to see you both again. :thumbsup_anim:

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. Lakair is always a good time, thank you again to all who help make it such a great weekend with or without fish.

Awesome report as always Cliff, it was great to see you and Bly again.. she the best BB out there!! LOL I was thinking of you hard cores out there in the rain!

Thanks TJ, always a pleasure to see you, Monique and the kids. Look forward to the next time.

Was a pleasure sharing the boat with you guys !!!

:thumbsup_anim:

Thanks again Chris, I really enjoyed it and appreciate the lesson/pointers for the walleye. I promise, next time, you will see a "proper" hook set :rolleyes: Also want to thank you for your navigation help, much nicer trip out that way this year. Please give Sam a few pats from me, great dog.

Congrats on the beauty Muskie!! ... It was great to meet Bly and unfortunately I missed you Cliff..for sure next time 'round..

Randy

Great to meet you also. Sorry that I did not stop to chat longer, wasn't aware that you were only there for a brief time, maybe next time.

I enjoyed your pictures. Every year I look at everybody's pictures and wish that I would be there with everybody. It looks like a good time.

Do you have a Ford Freestar and if so what do you tow with it? I have a 16 ft crestliner with a 40hp and does not weigh over 2000# but the back end almost rides the back wheels. Do you have any special shocks or information that you have done to your van. Thanks. E-Mail me if you can help me.

Again, enjoyed the pictures.

Bob

Thanks Bob. The van in the picture is a Kia Sedona and we tow a 14 ft Sea Nymph with an 18Hp Merc. Per Kia, the Sedona only requires a hitch to tow the rated capacity of 3500lbs. We recently did a bit of reading on different vans and towing capacities and if I am remembering correctly, the Freestar requires a towing "package". Recent reading also led to the understanding that not all "packages" are the same...some as simple as a hitch and better rad, while others are quite involved (upgraded rads, coolers, suspension, brakes etc.) and the package can vary by year. I would contact Ford regarding their recommendations and research/google the specific year and model of your Freestar regarding towing specifically. Good luck!

Thanks Cliff and Bly for bring that monster BOQ trophy sorry I did not think it was that big :).

When we past you I was thinking about you two as the rain kept pouring. Now I am wishing I was in the boat with you

Great going and good seeing you again.

Happy to help Lexx. Was only teasing you about the size, call it trophy envy :lol:

Great lookin' Muskie Bly!!!...congrats!

Thanks Steve, you have no idea how relieved I was to see your 47.5 Musky for our team when I got home. When we left for Lakair, our team did not have a musky, so I knew that I would need a picture with a sign if I was lucky enough to get one. I got the musky but in all the excitement, I forgot the pic with the sign :wallbash: Not only is your fish bigger but it saved me from a lashing about forgetting my sign, the one I was going to get and the one I was giving myself.....double thanks go to you!! :lol:

Well I got to hear all the stories up close and personal with all the expected excitement (almost made me want to go out in the rain....LOL) but seeing the pictures sure does bring in the visual aspect. :D

Was great to see you both again. :thumbsup_anim:

Always good to catch up with you and Brooke, thanks for all the fish chat and the "weed catcher" info....going to look into that for sure. Until next time.

Great post Cliff. Just want to say that I had a great time at Lakair... was my first time there, but will be back for more (if Lexxington allows me back on his boat :D ). I wish I could have been there to see my Dad win last year with that big Pike of his, but it was great to talk to people about his experience. You all seem like a great bunch, and look forward to seeing you at future derbies.

Smashing Bly. I believe Patsy and I were in the same area when you hooked into her. We saw the heavy=duty splashing around over at your boat and figured you must have hooked into a big one. You mention about a 50+ you had a tangle with. I wonder if that was the one that followed my lure in on Friday. Huge fish from what I saw, but she just took a passing glance and kept right on moving. Again - congrats on the ski and remember ... that other one is still out there. See ya all next year.

Really great report Cliff. I enjoyed our chat around the campfire. Tell Carole we'll start earlier next time so we can chat longer :D Hard to get a year's worth of gab in for the short time we had.

Great pics as usual, awesome muskie for Carole and that is a huge smallie. Pound for pound I think they are the best fighting fish out there, well, aside from muskie ;)

Joey