Will the leafs make the play offs

YOUR thoughts

A man enters a bar and orders a drink. The bar has a robot

bartender. The robot serves him a perfectly prepared cocktail, and

then asks him, "What's your IQ?"

The man replies "150" and the robot proceeds to make conversation

about global warming factors, quantum physics and spirituality,

biochemistry, environmental interconnectedness, string theory,

nano-technology, and sexual proclivities.

The customer is very impressed and thinks, "This is really cool."

He decides to test the robot. He walks out of the bar, turns around,

and comes back in for another drink. Again, the robot serves him the

perfectly prepared drink and asks him, "What's your IQ?"

The man responds, "Around 100."

Immediately the robot starts talking, but this time, about football,

fast cars, baseball, super models, favourite fast foods, guns, and

women's breasts.

Really impressed, the man leaves the bar and decides to give the

robot one more test. He returns, the robot serves him and asks,

"What's your IQ?"

The man replies, "Duuuh, 50, I think."

And the robot says... real slowly.

"So...............you gon - na fol-low the Leafs a-gain this

year?"

I hope they get Duchene in the draft.

IMO he should be the #1 pick. He's got it all.

Free agents...who knows, but I've heard a few names thrown around with the Sedin twins and Pronger being the main ones!

The leafs REALLY need a few players to build their team around.

The Sedin's would be a HUGE help, and a great starting block for them.

Pronger would add some (much needed) size and toughness to the blueline too.

Burke is a smart, smart hockey man, so I am sure he has some tricks up his sleeve!

Don't bring in the sedin twins.... please don't. Your stuck with the package and a whole lot of money tied up. They've been requesting a 12 year deal with the canucks worth over $60 mil each. They aren't going to sign a 3 year deal, they want insurance like others have been doing lately which brings nothing but bad news years down the road.

They will probably draft brother Schenn and then a bunch of kids that will never make it out of the AHL. Burke's a moron, not a hockey genius. He probably will go after the Sedin twins and possibly Pronger. Neither will help them make the playoffs. Leaf fans will be calling for his head by the end of the year.

They will probably draft brother Schenn and then a bunch of kids that will never make it out of the AHL. Burke's a moron, not a hockey genius. He probably will go after the Sedin twins and possibly Pronger. Neither will help them make the playoffs. Leaf fans will be calling for his head by the end of the year.

I completely disagree. While I think others are better fitted for the organization (ex. Scotty Bowman), Burke is a solid guy to have making decisions for the leafs right now. He's been given some leeway and has more power than most GM's have had in recent years. On top of that he has some very good relationships throughout the league (albeit a few) that will help with moving players. I think he's one of the few guys who has the credentials and knowledge to run the leafs and his plans will need many years to unfold I think. Rebuilding takes longer than couple of years when you're starting from the bottom up. I for one would definitely like to see him around a few years.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i expect burke to end up with a pick in the top 3. i'd be very surprised to see him bring in the sedins on a hefty contract. no GM trying to rebuild wants to be tied up long term to a duo that is at their peak RIGHT NOW. burke is building for a few years from now...

he'd be better off pursuing more pics and building on youth. pittsburgh and chicago are the model for the new nhl. once you have a talented team then you hope you can continue to draft well as detroit seems to year after year.

that said, go sens go.

Gustavson has to be a Leaf first before you can speculate on who'll play in net.

Let's talk after July 1st.

I have not heard alot about this goal tender,but there is alot of hype about him.If he is so great,why is it,that the leafs would have a chance at him? Just asking.TY.

As for the Sedin twins,I have to agre,let them pass. Would like to see some big "D" guys gotten.I think the leafs have scoring power,just need for good "D" to keep the puck out of thier end. IMO

I hope they get Duchene in the draft.

Agree totally, I love this kid!

If the Leafs are willing to overspend and aquire Tampas pick it's possible...

I have not heard alot about this goal tender,but there is alot of hype about him.If he is so great,why is it,that the leafs would have a chance at him?

I don't see what all the hype is about either. In any case free agent Gustavson has whittled his choices to supposedly Colorado, Dallas and the Leafs with all 3 pursuing him. It's been said he's favouring the Leafs...

Personally I'd be fine with a healthy Toskala.

Remember this is the same scouting staff that picked Tlusty and Kulemin before Boston drafted Lucic. Rask should be their goalie of the future. Oh ya, I forgot, they traded him to Boston for Raycroft. They will remain the Maple laughs until they get some Canadians running the show. They should have signed Neiuwendyk as their G.M.

Remember this is the same scouting staff that picked Tlusty and Kulemin before Boston drafted Lucic. Rask should be their goalie of the future. Oh ya, I forgot, they traded him to Boston for Raycroft. They will remain the Maple laughs until they get some Canadians running the show. They should have signed Neiuwendyk as their G.M.

Agreed it would have been nice to groom Nieuendyk....

But the scouting staff has since been mostly revamped since Burke took over. It's the best front office staff and scouting department the Leafs have had in ages.

Isn't Burke Canadian?

You're a Don Cherry disciple aren't you? :lol:

Agreed it would have been nice to groom Nieuendyk....

But the scouting staff has since been mostly revamped since Burke took over. It's the best front office staff and scouting department the Leafs have had in ages.

Isn't Burke Canadian?

You're a Don Cherry disciple aren't you? :lol:

Burke and Wilson are both American, although Burke does have dual citizenship. Regardless he's a good GM and I agree he has the best management the leafs have seen in years.

Edited by Governator

Burke and Wilson are both American, although Burke does have dual citizenship. Regardless he's a good GM and I agree he has the best management the leafs have seen in years.

I agree. I think Burke will shake up the troops. He's just surly enuf to scare even some of those pampered swollen egos. I have a suspicion they'll be more inclined to produce for him.

JF

Tlusty was the best player in the AHL for some time last year. I think he was moved up a little too quickly under Maurice and if Pogge had turned out the way JFJ was hoping, he'd look like a genius. Both him and Rask were very highly rated and to trade one for a Calder trophy winner wasn't a bad idea, just didn't end up looking like such a great one... Where was Rask last year anyways? Don't think his # were that great.

I'd love if Duschene was the Leafs pick. Just that move alone would constitute a successful coup by Burke and truly give me hope in his vision.

Rask played one game in the NHL last year, he won, with a shutout. The Bruin tandem of Fernandez and Thomas won the Jennings trophy for least goals against and Thomas won the Vezina trophy with the best GA and save percentage. Next year he will be back up to Thomas and get 20 starts at least. Probably he'll play all eight games against the Leafs. That should help his GA. Raycoft does hold the Leafs record for most wins in a season, tied with Belfour I believe.

Raycoft does hold the Leafs record for most wins in a season, tied with Belfour I believe.

it took Raycroft 72 games to hit the 37 win mark, where it only took Belfour 62... take it or leave it, that's still 10 more games! LOL.

if you think about it... Raycroft's 37 wins is barely over 50% of the games he played... not the greatest stat in my books!

it took Raycroft 72 games to hit the 37 win mark, where it only took Belfour 62... take it or leave it, that's still 10 more games! LOL.

if you think about it... Raycroft's 37 wins is barely over 50% of the games he played... not the greatest stat in my books!

If you want to go by percentages, he does not meet up to the best years of goalies like Bower or Plante.

Burke's a moron, not a hockey genius.

So the ducks winning the cup was...lucky??

Toronto is a goalie KILLING city, lol.

I think they need to look at Detroit runs. Amazing team, with an average goalie.

They need scoring power up front and size on the blueline. Both of which are certainly available in a few days!