Speaking of Miserable

holdfast

don't like gas prices?

vote responsibly.

So what political party is going to bring you lower gas prices??! Come on, don't be so friggin naive...

Gas prices are a function of what I posted previously... there's no conspiracy or plot to control us... China and India are consuming 10,00000000 times more energy than just 5 years years ago..mainly because they are now supplying us with lots of cheap priducts! this is actually good for canada and one of the reasons we haven't sunken into an even deeper recession... we're a commodity-rich country and we sell to the world... unfortunately this does not mean we will get gas for free, even though we still pay very little for gas when compared to most industrialized countries... much less.. Europeans are paying the equivalent of $2.50/litre!! how's that sound?

Being "independent" as a previous poster submitted, whatever that means, won't get you cheaper gas either!

Like I said, downsize... or look to sensible alternatives if possible, like diesel engines..

So what political party is going to bring you lower gas prices??! Come on, don't be so friggin naive...

Gas prices are a function of what I posted previously... there's no conspiracy or plot to control us... China and India are consuming 10,00000000 times more energy than just 5 years years ago..mainly because they are now supplying us with lots of cheap priducts! this is actually good for canada and one of the reasons we haven't sunken into an even deeper recession... we're a commodity-rich country and we sell to the world... unfortunately this does not mean we will get gas for free, even though we still pay very little for gas when compared to most industrialized countries... much less.. Europeans are paying the equivalent of $2.50/litre!! how's that sound?

Being "independent" as a previous poster submitted, whatever that means, won't get you cheaper gas either!

Like I said, downsize... or look to sensible alternatives if possible, like diesel engines..

Just heard some YARDBIRD (supposed oil watchdog) say on the Radio that Gas Prices will level to around $1.20 national average, but Diesel will continue to rise. GO Figure eh even YOUR alternative plan has been compromised.

um, gas prices are going up? Never thought that would happen again. Step onto the Northbound DVP before Steeles at about 3PM with a bunch of your friends and protest your cause. Otherwise, deal with it.

On behalf of pers on Fixed Incomes or Jobs requiring use of your vehical, PM sent.

Gas prices are a function of what I posted previously... there's no conspiracy or plot to control us

Who's being naive??? The oil company execs announced last year that oil prices would rise dramatically because of a shortage. This year they are claiming that they need to hike prices because demand is down. If you think this is not one huge gigantic scam you are the one being naive. :wallbash:

Raf has a good point...the more prices rise, the more money goes back into your pocket ;)

:thumbsup_anim:

i got tired of bellyaching so i joined 'em. been enjoying watching my resource funds go up and up lately.

:thumbsup_anim:

i got tired of bellyaching so i joined 'em. been enjoying watching my resource funds go up and up lately.

Just so you Know where Im coming from Raf. I will never ever trust a financial advisor again, especially Banks. Look what its done to the USA Economy and some say caused the World Recession. Like the Oil and Car Executives. They used our money to gain for themselves and got away with murder.

For now we gotta put up with the bull....

Choices are limited to your financial limits(ie. Electric/hybrid cars)

As the Hybrids, and electric cars make their way into the mainstream its cutting into the oil company profits...so they adjust accordingly.

But at some point the shift will happen...

These former concept cars will out number the older gas models, and if the oil companies want to continue being viable at the business levels they have become acustom to the prices will have to sink into the basement in order to entice consumers or that will be the end of the gravy train for them.

10 years from now or sooner we'll start hearing them whine...be patient

Gas prices are one of the great mysteries of our world. Demand goes up a little, the price goes up. Dollar goes down, price goes up. Per barrel crude price goes up, price goes up. Price per barrel crude goes down, price goes up. Price per barrel steady, price goes up. No matter what happens there is always an excuse turned around to favour them.

Go figure.

You forgot my favorite one there is a big storm out in the Ocean it might hit land it might come close to a refinery we might get wet yep Price goes up. That one always makes me laugh and cry at the same time not much we can do, as a trucker when I have my CB on in the USA I here alot of people daily whining about the prices and nothing gets done they all end the same way I cant afford to shut my truck down for a couple weeks to get the point across. Like others have said grin and take it just buy some KY so it dont hurt as much.

Just in case you don't know, this site can help a little:

http://www.ontariogasprices.com/index.aspx...mp;tme_limit=24

You can search updated local gas prices at specific stations, or prices elsewhere. In the menu at the top, find "Gas Prices Map". You can get a clickable-draggable map of Canada and zoom in on particular areas. There's also a link above the map of Canada for a map of US prices.

If I'm going from North Bay to Sudbury, which is often, I'll check prices and see where a fill-up would be cheaper.

A couple of years ago, when I travelled through the States to the west coast, I used the US map to help me decide where I would fill up. Saved me a few bucks.