Trash fish recipes!

It's amazing what you can find on a Google search!!!... it's your friend yanno!

Sheepshead (Freshwater Drum) Recipes:

http://www.ohioseagrant.osu.edu/_documents...ter%20catch.pdf

Carp recipes:

http://www.idfishnhunt.com/eatcarp.htm

If anyone here is brave enough to try any of these, let me know how they turn out!

"Homestyle Lake Erie Fish-Corn Chowder

1 1/2 C boned fish fillets (freshwater drum, white

bass, carp, or any other Lake Erie fish)"

Is there a distinct flavour to lake Erie fish or something? if you had said Lake Ontario, being at the dumping end of the watershed I might understand, but Erie? haha

I'm not a big fish eater, but I really really like saltwater black drum.

I figured I'd give the whistletrout a shot, hell they both look the same.

Big mistake.......ugh don't eat sheepshead. Yes it came from Erie.

Smoked carp wasn't bad, not great but not bad.

I remember some years ago in my youth, While camping in Sombre for the summer with my dad (he was working there), fishing the breakwalls. I befriended a black fellow that was targeting Sheepshead! he explained to me that pound for pound they were one of the best fighting (insert Bulldog) fish he had fished for!.. He showed me how he rigged and fished for them. He would keep a few for the table using different family recipes, one sticks out in my mind... Chili Baked, Using his mothers homemade pepper sauce... sounded great to me, being a young punk of 11 years old!

I still remember that Ol' Man and him spending the time teaching me how to fish for em... we talked many many times throughout that summer...

Would I eat them now? I would try them... But after years of negative feedback regarding Water Goat, I would be a little hesitant I think..

..... I wonder what happened to that old man....

G

I remember some years ago in my youth, While camping in Sombre for the summer with my dad (he was working there), fishing the breakwalls. I befriended a black fellow that was targeting Sheepshead! he explained to me that pound for pound they were one of the best fighting (insert Bulldog) fish he had fished for!.. He showed me how he rigged and fished for them. He would keep a few for the table using different family recipes, one sticks out in my mind... Chili Baked, Using his mothers homemade pepper sauce... sounded great to me, being a young punk of 11 years old!

I still remember that Ol' Man and him spending the time teaching me how to fish for em... we talked many many times throughout that summer...

Would I eat them now? I would try them... But after years of negative feedback regarding Water Goat, I would be a little hesitant I think..

..... I wonder what happened to that old man....

G

Maybe he is stiil around. With a high fish content in his diet, he probably is heart healthy. :)