Ontario Fishing

mepps

Its been a couple years since I've had the pleasure if fishing in Ontario. I've been living in Halifax for almost two years and it kills me to read all the spring fishing reports of big fish caught in Ontario. Well, my sister, who lives in Ontario, recently had a baby, and I decided that this would be a perfect time to visit my old stomping ground in Toronto, and visit the famn damily.

We spent two weeks in Ontario traveling between Mississauga, London, Kincardine, Guelph, St Catherines, Niagara Falls and everywhere in between to visit friend and family. I had hoped to fish the Thames in London with my son and his 2 cousins, but the water levels were brutal, and flood waters arn't exactly safe for wee children.

Luckily my son had a good time anyway.

party-time.jpg

especially at the zoo...

ash-and-clive.jpg

myah-and-ash.jpg

toronto-zoo3.jpg

toronto-tiger.jpg

I went steelheading for the first time in the Penetangore Rive in Kincardine with Scott Duncan, and while we spotted a few nice steelies, the only fish landed was a small pike caught by my buddy Scott. Oh for one.

trout.jpg

camo2.jpg

pike-jump.jpg

pike01.jpg

And after fishing Scott he tattooed my wife...

anchor-tattoo.jpg

I went steelheading again, this time in the Credit River with a fellow OFNer (HighDrifter). Good times were had - we even saw Fidel's Spirit animal, a coyote - but no fish were caught.

Later I met up with Snag to make an exchange out of the trunk of my car in the form of fishing lures. Ending up running into a fella named Bruce who is the head of Muskies Canada Mississauga. We chatted for a bit and Snag was pretty late for work - he may or may not have been fired.

Finally, on the day before I had to leave (May 9), I made my way out to Toronto Islands with my buddy Jon and finally got into a fish. A decent little pike, which is considerably larger then anything I've caught (or seen) here in Halifax. I'll get some more pics added tonight, but here my first TO pike in ages!

nice-toronto-pike.jpg

So until next time Ontario, so long and thanks for all the fish!

Edited by mepps

Well I do have another weeks vacation, and I do love Lakair - but the taxman tells me I gave to give him $2068.

So I guess that means no!

You know the taxman can put you on a payment plan. ;)

Would be good to have you come and join us all again. :)

Hey Clive check out The Saint John River Chapter of Muskies Canada they get some nice musky up there and it might not be that far for you to go these guys do alot of fishing and I bet they would be very helpful with info for you I know that there are not alot of people who fish musky in the area but these guys do and have some nice fish to show for it.

http://www.muskiescanada.ca/chapters/saint_john_river.php

Great to see a report from ya even thought there was not as many fish as we are used to.

Cheers Mike

Wow Clive, your "baby" is no longer a baby, has it been that long!!!!!!!?

Great report and as Chris says, you should come up to Lakair in June. The taxman can just bloody wait :lol: Life is short, you'll always have to pay taxes ;)

Joey

Great to see you again Clive!

Our meetings are eventful. (Love the new IMPROVED line)

I was so happy to see you, exchange commerce and have Bruce jump into the gathering.

We have a casual connection that time does not tamper with.

Cheers,

G.

I went steelheading again, this time in the Credit River with a fellow OFNer (HighDrifter). Good times were had - we even saw Fidel's Spirit animal, a coyote - but no fish were caught.

That was pretty gnarly wasn't it?! :lol:

Glad we could finally link up.. Hopefully next time, we'll slay some pike!

Good stuff brah. That tat.. certainly not for the squeamish!

Did you get my order?!! :santa:

cheers

HD

Great report and pics Mepps :thumbsup_anim:

You got yourself into some pretty good fishing even though there was a lot of travel time.... Your son looks like he had a blast at the zoo... his smile says it all B)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us

Leechman