My first fishing report in Canada

ben306

Well been in Toronto a week now and managed to get out 3 times fishing, 1st time I went down the waterfront and managed to carp on surface baits, one a high single, then the other a mid teen.

Went again yesterday, managed to get a few follows on the spinners but nothing else.

Then decided on the islands today so got the ferry at 11 and fished til about 5

Got a very good carp, chuffed to bits with it, got to be a high 20, in the 26lb-29lb bracket going off similar fish Ive caught in the uk. Baited up an area Id seen them and left it to rest for half an hr then returned to catch this nice common. 8lb main line, with a 6lb hooklink.

Thats a 2 foot landing net to give you an idea, and it was one FAT fish

4270_86931347521_607787521_2283147_4667424_n.jpg

Also managed to get two pike on the spinners, unfortunately I only got a picture of the smaller, as I unhooked the larger one in the water and let it go before I realised.

Biggest one was about 9lb, and then there was this one at about 3-4lb, all in all a good day tho.

4270_86931357521_607787521_2283149_5944460_n.jpg

Also had the joy of meeting a number of friendly people fishing who where happy enough for a quick chat, including the 2 daves (one being master basser) nice to meet you

Edited by ben306

I catch half of my carp back in England on surface baits, its all about getting the confidence of the fish up, which isnt such an issue here as theres very little pressure on the fish from anglers

Good show. Dem's some dandies!

Surprised I havn't run into ya. Water's been real hazy since the downpour on Sat but there's been some fishable water east of our building.. lotsa fish in the high 30s..

tomorrow night.. ya down?!

cheers

HD

OFC... dating service for fisherfolk?! :blush:B)

Well done Ben

You're lucky to be living so close to harbourfront. No doubt I'll be making the pilgrimage to the islands very soon for carp...Hope to run into you down there.

Well, Ive been flat out with interviews and managed to land myself work as a construction estimator down in missisauga, start on tuesday. just need to figure out the best public transport routes for it now, but the fishing will have to be left for weekends and evenings

beauty fish there Ben, and congrats on the new job...as for getting there, where are you going from and too, some here might be able to help you out with the best route....

Maureen

Maureen, Ive started another topic on it, but it would be good if people could give me some pointers

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32008

nice stuff!

Is that i type R as your avatar? looks great!

Cheers,

Yv

Its my Peugeot 306 Rallye. Full track/race spec, currently in storage while Im here