Who gets fined?

Radnine

Come fishing in Quebec end of problem.

In QC spouses can fish under your license.

Y'know those sorts of marriages are legal in Canada, I doubt the CO would check too hard. :D

omg too funny....thats what i do when i bring my buddies fishin in quebec....but it costs me 54 bucks to fish for the year in ontario....got to love kaybec 15 bucks for the year and the whole family is covered....even my gay lover (non resident fishin buddy)

woodsman it was a few(many now im ageing myself) years ago and they didnt have a card than just I think a pink piece of paper, I think it was why they did bring in the card and made it clear ( "It is an offence to attempt to obtain more than one card. It is also an offence to provide false information on a card application." Pg. 5 of Fishing Ontario 2008-2009 Recreational Fishing Summary.) that it was one for each person .

I would NEVER do such a thing again but it got me thu a very confussing spring . Was very confussing the first year with no one really understanding the rules or believeing that they would really bring in a license, the license sellers or the fishermen , we in Ontario just got used to the fact you didnt need a license and than we did I dont think many paid attention to the rule change and untill that day I was very confussed as to how I was to inforce the rule, now we have the cards and graded licenses etc. and I think most if not all serious fishermen have got used too and know all the rules and understand the need for liceneses .

I thought anyone under 18 didn't need a license, did this change? Do non-resident kids need a license? I took my 5 & 7 year old nephews out a couple years ago and never even thought about it to be honest, figured they were fine without it.

Charles

Why does everyone quote that snippet of mine. :lol:

I was not sure if we were talking about Ontario or Timbuck2 so I was just covering my six. I was also thinking of the situation of life jackets or seat belts ie an adult responsible for minors thats all.

I am trying not to quote from the Ontario fishing regulations summery anymore, because most can't, won't or are unable to understand simple English. :P

omg too funny....thats what i do when i bring my buddies fishin in quebec....but it costs me 54 bucks to fish for the year in ontario....got to love kaybec 15 bucks for the year and the whole family is covered....even my gay lover (non resident fishin buddy)

That's pretty much exactly what my license fees were as a non resident of QC.

Last weekend when I opened the camp I figured I'd grab my license. Pulled out 3 twenties figuring that'd cover it ($53 last few years).

It's now $63. :angry:

(It's worth it though :) )

:Gonefishing: On my last fishing licence.Will be the big 65 when it renews.Not really looking forward to getting older but fishing for free is not all that bad. Now for a question .Do I now fit into the conservation licence slot for fish limits.And when my grand children are out with me do they also fall under my new limits?

:Gonefishing: On my last fishing licence.Will be the big 65 when it renews.Not really looking forward to getting older but fishing for free is not all that bad. Now for a question .Do I now fit into the conservation licence slot for fish limits.And when my grand children are out with me do they also fall under my new limits?

You would fall under the sport licence

No you get full rights of the sport licence bf. Just be sure to carry id that shows your age, otherwise you are in contravention of the regs. F-in-law got the finger wag for that last year and I told the CO to drop by the dock on his way in if need be. He didn't.

Heh .. I just paid $288 for my season pass and licence (as a non resident) ... but it ws worth every penny... cheaper than just one evening at superse*

I had both daughters, a boyfriend and myself out last year.

As a coincidence... she took the pic in my avatar! Showing she wasn't sitting in a "fishing" chair, but the forward passenger seat.

I didnt know you had a boyfriend Irish

Congrats ;)

Someone I know took out a guy from work 2 summers ago. The CO showed up and the guy didn't have a license so he took the rod he was using and even though he was explained that the idiot didn't own any equipment he asked the boat owner wich tackle box he could take. These were musky tackle boxes so he lost his shirt that day.

Oh ya the visitor got the fine but it was no where near the loss the boat owner suffered.

Edited by MAzing

As stated earlier you will fall under a sport fishing limit. If you grandchildren are Canadian residents under 18, they have their own sports fishing limit.

Rick

my buddy borrowed a boat one day, i was driving it, realized we forgot the lifejackets in the car...

sure enough there came the OPP, i got the $300 ticket, buddy got nothing

I hope he split it with you...

• 1 month later...

Great thread guys. I learned alot. Interesting to see how the rules are inforced.

I don't own a motor boat but do have a canoe and rent several motor boats each year. I fish alot with friends and extended family. Every year I run into the problem of no licence / forgoten licence as well as the "I'm just watch". I hate having to lecture friends and family but I'm not losing any tackle or paying any fines because of them.

Cheers,

How did a simple thing like going fishing turn into such a money grabbing thing. It's a shame what your/mine leaders have done to something that should be a right to all that are resident's of that area.......

What's next.....a indoor card to go to the mall........ :wallbash:

If you are going to fish I check all licences before you get on board. Your not going to fish only a passenger no issuee but don't even thing about touching a fishing rod :)

i think they look at the number of lines in the water when it comes to whos fishing and whos not.

As quoted from the regs:

Non-Canadian residents need an Outdoors Card to fish in Ontario if they are 18 years of age and over. (NOTE: Non-residents 65 years of age or older are not exempt from requiring a licence). The sportfishing licence tag (one year or eight day) or the conservation fishing licence tag (one year or eight day) accompanies the plastic Outdoors Card.

Canadian residents need an Outdoors Card to fish in Ontario if they are at least 18 years old but have not reached their 65th birthday. The sportfishing licence tag or the conservation fishing licence tag accompanies the plastic Outdoors Card.

Ontario residents need an Outdoors Card to fish in Ontario if they are at least 18 years old but have not reached their 65th birthday. The sportfishing licence tag or the conservation fishing licence tag is affixed to, or accompanied by, the plastic Outdoors Card.

Says nothing about a minor needing a licnece or his/her catch counts as part of yours.

link

I ensure all who boards has a licence. Took a German college student I was attending classes with a couple of years ago out for a day of fishing. I made sure that he had one, even took him to the tackle shop to buy one. Funny thing was, he was not an immigrant, an Ont. resident or Canadian Resident as he was only here on a students visa for one year. Told the guy at the shop he needed a non resident licence, the guy starts to fill out the paper and he gets yelled at by the store employee, "You need a resident licence, I asked why? He says the guy is writing down a Hamilton address, he is a resident!" OK whatever you say, but he had no documentation as to his Hamilton address. So that was that, he got an Ont. fishing licence.