The return of the night time Carp reports!

It's been a while since we posted any carp reports, but alas, tonight was the night. We went out a few weeks ago to scope out a few of our favourite spots for them, but it was a little too early yet. Tonight, with the warm temps, and light winds we loaded the gear up and headed to a local spot.

Bly forgot her OFC tourney sign, so I made a joke for her not to hand write one up, because that would mean that she wouldn't catch a fish! Wouldn't you know it, not too long later a nice sized one picks up her bait and goes for a little run! It came in nice and easy, so we weren't sure on the size. As it turns out, it's a very respectable 33" fish! Don't worry team 1, we have a pic with her sign...well, it's a Team inTENsity sign, but it's still an OFC tourney sign...LOL.

33inchcarp.jpg

A little while later, my rod goes off like a bat out of hell, so I disengage the baitrunner and set the hook. I'm reeling in the monster and it feels like it's gone. I'm wondering, is there even a fish on there? Then I see it surfing on the water as I'm reeling it in....LOL. I didn't know carp came this small. Sure I've seen Victor's small carp, but I thought they were just a joke. I thought carp were born bigger than this???? It was only 26", but it's a start for my team in the tourney. It should be beaten no problem.

26inchcarp.jpg

That's it for now...a nice night out there to sit and relax and catch up a little after our days of work.

Edited by ccmt

Now you've gone and done it...You just dropped the C-bomb on me! Great catches for the both of you :thumbsup_anim:

Cliff, you've been spoiled with all the monsters you've caught in the past...You do realize that a 26" carp is the average size of carp in Canada.LOL

Looks like I'll be cooking up some bait real soon...Hopefully I'll be out in your neighbourhood during this week if I get the car.

oh my, i miss seeing these reports, thank god!

you call a 26" carp small? Do I really need to repost my 0.5lb-ers? lol!!! Mind you, wolfville's got a local spot where he consistently catches carp as small as like 4 inches long. They are pretty cute when they're that small.

Great jobs guys, i'm sure this is just the first of many more carp reports to come.

Hey Cliff. Are her fish always bigger than yours ??? ............................. yeah,they're bigger than mine too. Great as always guys.

Yep...they are always bigger, but you get used to it...LOL.

Now you've gone and done it...You just dropped the C-bomb on me! Great catches for the both of you :thumbsup_anim:

Cliff, you've been spoiled with all the monsters you've caught in the past...You do realize that a 26" carp is the average size of carp in Canada.LOL

Looks like I'll be cooking up some bait real soon...Hopefully I'll be out in your neighbourhood during this week if I get the car.

Really?? Average?? That's actually the smallest carp I've ever caught. :dunno:

Nice report, Hope they'll being coming towards my end soon!!

I'm sure it wont be long DSN! Two weeks ago there was nothing...now the waters we fish are teaming with them.

Really?? Average?? That's actually the smallest carp I've ever caught. :dunno:

If you're using boilies, that could be a reason why. Generally boilies sort out the larger fish (At least in my experience). Some swims also just seem to attract larger than average sized fish during the year. At one point in time, a few swims in the Kawarthas produced an average size of 22-25lbs and a few places in Hamilton always used to produce fish of at least 18lbs.

If you fish almost every other lake, river, pond or creek, you're bound to get something smaller.LOL

I think that smaller one is a redhorse sucker?? No?

It's just a funny-shaped carp.

Redhorse suckers tend to have a silvery body with red fins.

Nice fish BTW, I grew up catching carp as there wasn't much in the Toronto area that got bigger. Finding carp up here is a bit harder but luckily there are a few other species to fill the gap!

Nice! I mean... EEEEECCKK!!

How'd you get those beasts to start feeding in that chilly water?!

Bly must spike her baits when you're not looking.. She always gets the bigguns!!

cheers

HD

We can send you our secret recipe for mixed bait if you like! The bite doesn't turn on until the sun has gone down. About 30 minutes after sunset, the go on the feed it seems.

We can send you our secret recipe for mixed bait if you like! The bite doesn't turn on until the sun has gone down. About 30 minutes after sunset, the go on the feed it seems.

No kidding eh?! Wouldn't the missus have a cow if I tried this recipe inside?!

You'll have to take me carpin, captn!

Oh no I guess all those pretty fish are going out to the deep water .

Cliff you didn't look happy in that shot of you :dunno:

Whats this no nail polish On Carole's fingers :lol:

I was missin your night reports keep up the good work.

MTP

I am sure there are still some pretty fish in the system but wasn't up to looking for them. Trout...walk walk walk ..drift drift drift drift...walk walk walk etc. Carp....cast, sit down, read book and wait for fish to come to you LOL

Clear polish Mike :)

Good fishin though guys, I should tag along for some of that carp action sometime.

Sinker

You know where we are :)

No kidding eh?! Wouldn't the missus have a cow if I tried this recipe inside?!

You'll have to take me carpin, captn!

Perfectly acceptable to mix this bait in the house, I often use my good mixer to blend it.

Couple of nice fish there. :thumbsup_anim: I was out doing some running around last night and for some reason I thought I should go down and check out the spot. I figured you 2 would be there. :lol: I wish I had now. Congrats on the evening out.

I am sure we will be out again this week, have plenty of mix to share if you need it and you have the numbers :)

Carp....cast, sit down, read book and wait for fish to come to you LOL

You sure got that right Carole...maybe refill your feeder every half an hour...

Gotta reserve your energy for when the fight takes place...

I can't believe I'm about to say this.......but that kind of looks fun.

Throw in a couple of adult beverages and I might actually be convinced. :whistling:

The may not be pretty, but they sure put up a hell of a good fight! If you use a hair rig, you don't even need to set the hook...LOL. I have all the gear to set you up if you are in the area...it's how we got Fishnsled into carp fishing....haha

A beautiful couple, and the carp look mighty fine too! I was just talking to someone about how we both enjoy night fishing but haven't gotten around to yet this year. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing those great photos.

ahhh i see you are back at them.

Nice going you two great fish.

Now dont knock on Victors fish lol he helped me set up a hair rig for the first time yesterday and he managed to catch a fish as well....mind you it was a small one haha