Camping in the Kawarthas (or somewhere similar distance from Hamilton)...

Burtess

Looking for a park to camp at in the Kawartha area, or somewhere a similar distance from Hamilton.

We have camped in a park on Lower Buckhorn but the women don't like it because the beach sucked (all rock and zebra mussels).

Prerequisites are:

- sand beach
    - able to park a pop-up camper, as well as tents
    - three sites together (three families going)
    - decent (clean) shower facilities
    - laundry facilities would be a bonus

If anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear them.

Thanks,

Burt :)

Edited by Burtess

- three sites together (three families going)

its been a few years since I've booked at a provincial park, but the last couple of years I did go it was hard enough getting one site! Then again, I was always looking to go long week-ends with the rest of the huddled masses. Although I've never been there, I drive past Oastler Lake Pr. Park occasionally and it appears as if they have a sand beach. This park is about 10 minutes south of Parry Sound on the old 69.

Woodland on upper buckhorn is nice

its in a sheltered bay , they have a big sand beach , clean , well run place i stayed there once last season

http://www.woodlandcampsite.com/

i only stayed for one night in a tent but from what i saw it was a nice place

not sure if this is what you are looking for ...

Edited by Wiser

I would Reccomend Presquile Provincial Park in Brighton, the offer sites with hydro, water hookups, decent privacy for a number of sites, even once area that is Radio Free. and from the site in less then 10 min your downtown Brighton with Laundry Mat, Gas, Resturants, Grocery Stores, etc.. Presquile has a nice large sandy beach on lake ontario, and just out side the main enterance is a public boat launch into Brighton Bay if you wanna do some fishing. And if your not going to have the boat, there is Murray Canal which is about a 10 min drive, and you can catch Pike/Walleye/Drum/Perch/Crappie/Bass.

If your looking to be a little more north. friend of mine recently purchased and runs Cordova Lake Campground and have Hydro and Water Hookups. Small sandy beach, a dock and boat launch. And if your lookin for info on the fishing, there is probly lots of people on here that fish Cordova.

I know you said Kawarthas but you also said a similar distance. I would go to Long Point PP or Turkey Point PP over the Kawarthas any day for a family vacation. Amazing beaches and clean water. Great fishing. Three sites together might be tough without reservations though so book early.