Trout Opener - Finally Softwater Report :-)

Leecher

Excellent report and pics Jacques!!! :Gonefishing::canadian::thumbsup_anim:

I'll be damned if I can see that Partridge though!!! :rolleyes:

I love eating the smaller fish like that!!!... I scale them, cut off the heads, and gut them... then fry them up whole!!! :P If you know the fishe's anatomy, you don't have to worry about the bones... especially with Trout!!!... the part I like the best is the fried tails!!! (I can make a meal out of fried fish tails... if there's enough of them!!!)

I hope you enjoyed your meal and I'm looking forward to more of your softwater reports!!! ;)

Great report Leechman and cool partridge pic. :clapping:

Thanks silverstreak!!! That partridge was on the road when I noticed it and she trickled into the side of the bush not in a hurry, was able to talk to her for a few seconds while I tried to grab he camera which was on the back seat of the car and take this shot of her B)

Excellent report and pics Jacques!!! :Gonefishing::canadian::thumbsup_anim:

I'll be damned if I can see that Partridge though!!! :rolleyes:

I love eating the smaller fish like that!!!... I scale them, cut off the heads, and gut them... then fry them up whole!!! :P If you know the fishe's anatomy, you don't have to worry about the bones... especially with Trout!!!... the part I like the best is the fried tails!!! (I can make a meal out of fried fish tails... if there's enough of them!!!)

I hope you enjoyed your meal and I'm looking forward to more of your softwater reports!!! ;)

Thanks Glen!!! Click on the header of the pic to enlarge it and you will see in the middle just slightly to the right, the head and tail amongst the fallen tree ;)

As for scaling specks, no need for that as they don't have any ;)

Before you cut off their heads off and gut them, start by inserting your knife into the rectum and follow all the way to head, then make an incision around the head and crack the bone, don't go through it. You then snap the head inward to the belly with your two hands and pull the head all the way along the belly to the tail and will be left with your meal.

It's hard to explain for me but next time i get some, will post a video of how I do it.

You know what, the tail, once cooked, is like chip and is like a delicacy for me. Mom and Dad use to cook them for us kids every sunday.

Tomorrow going to another lake and will be posting some sort of report hopefully

Jacques

Man I still cant see that dam bird. Great specks as well.

Thanks smalliefisher!!! Look right in the middle of the pic and slightly to the right amongst the twigs and dead tree you'll see the head and the tail

Nice specks

I just payed where's waldo with that bird for 10 minutes. Finally found it. It is close and big. Amazing how well they camouflage.

Thanks Cudz!!! Yes it's amazing how they can camouflage them selves but the thing is I got that shot only after I was able to grab the camera from the back seat LOL She wasn't in any hurry to disappear on me :)

Look Here

You beat me to it..... Thanks Cudz :thumbsup_anim:

Nice trout Jacques.... :o ....you seem to be sick on a lot of Fridays lately ;) ......

Thanks Steve!!! No this time was an annual leave and approved :whistling:

Nice haul for the first outing, WTG...

Thanks b2kptbo!!!

Nice going Leechman! Always wanted to catch trout from a lake, but so far have not.

Thanks Rattletrap!!!

Great stuff! Can't beat a feed of fresh coldwater trout.

Thanks Joeytier!!!

Great catch but I dont think they are specks. The forking of the tail probably make them f1 slakes and great guilt free eating. I might be wrong though its ard to tell in pics

Thanks Musky or Specks!!! Trust me, they are speckles for sure ;)

Great job on the specks Jacques, thanks for the pics and the report. Those partridges sure can hide.

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks smokin joe!!! They sure can B)

Nice looking catch. WTG.

Thanks Bruce!!!