A big Atlantic!!!

bucktail

Congrats on the nice atlantic matey... top top fish. :thumbsup_anim:

Chronzey's favourite thing to do in the world is criticize the MNR. Next to eating of course.

He's completely out of touch with his sport. Like the Don Cherry of fishing.

I am in no way saying i agree with everything Darryl does or says but you need a reality check mate. I know of at least 10 trout stocking projects that would not exist if it was not for him. Back in the 80's when all the "Einstein" biologists were messing up our stocking programs and screwing with our fish stocks, it was Darryl that stood his ground and started half a dozen Rod n Gun club stocking programs of sustainable fish. Not splake... not tiger trout... not skamania..not super salmon... i am talking sustainable fish that actually breed.

Have a read... he says what a lot of us think. http://www.temagamistewardship.ca/news/SunTimesReport.html

Edited by Fudd

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I don't need a reality check and am CERTAINLY not out of touch with our fisheries. If you think someone with no science background knows better than people with masters and phd's obviously it is not I that is out of touch.

There are countless other TV personalities who are much better ambassadors for our sport and while he may have accomplished some things in the 80's, in the present I feel he does more harm than good.

A man who uses his television show as a platform for partisan politicians or to slag other provincial parties holds none of my respect. Fishing, hunting, and the management of our natural resources is not political fodder for any political party. While politicians come and go, there is always a dedicated group of people behind the scenes managing the fishery.

It sounds as though some of you hold the same cynical perspective on "einstein" public servants but I take my work very seriously. So when some windbag constantly insults the work people are trying to do in fisheries how am I supposed to hold him in the same regard as other hosts who spend their time talking about conservation and ethics.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Have a read... he says what a lot of us think. http://www.temagamistewardship.ca/news/SunTimesReport.html

Thanks for illustrating my point with an article where he refers to "tree huggers" and "Indians". Very politically correct and professional.

And gee, we all hate splake right? What a waste of time! :whistling:

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

That really IS a spectacular fish. Congrats to you.

I agree with you Lew but I don't feel so bad because no one has even spelled the man's name correctly on this thread so, they might not be talking about Darryl.

Again, congrats on the beauty fish!

That really IS a spectacular fish. Congrats to you.

I agree with you Lew but I don't feel so bad because no one has even spelled the man's name correctly on this thread so, they might not be talking about Darryl.

Again, congrats on the beauty fish!

lol good call on the spelling thing Roy!

And agreed, try to keep this one on topic boys - beauty fish brother. Really nice looking specimen. I'd love to hook into one of those babies someday.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers

UF

"I don't need a reality check and am CERTAINLY not out of touch with our fisheries. If you think someone with no science background knows better than people with masters and phd's obviously it is not I that is out of touch."

wow - it is true.

when cronz would tell me about the attitudes of bio's, i always kinda shrugged it off....

but he wasn't lying.

thanks for confirming "dr". :wallbash:

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I'm not a bio. Never assume friend. My name comes from my self taught phd in charrology, with a minor in asst. warm water catchology.

:)

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i guess the 97% of fisherman who think he's a mouthbreather don't know how to spell his name.

i guess he's just not that memorable eh guys?

:P

WTG Darren, beautiful fish !!

Too bad a few folks saw fit to hi-jack your story though and turn it into something about Cronzey.

It wasnt about Cronzey Lew,it was about how he feels the Atlantics are a waste,but this thread just showed that anglers are excited about catching an Atlantic and would like to see more.JMO

"Hopefully this is the start of what will become a great comeback species for the Lake O fishery." :Gonefishing:

I forgot to update the post, the fish turned out to be a male!

Nothing in its stomach, looks like it spawned out in the fall, milt glands were very small!

It was a male with a bulging gut like that?

Impressive, solid healthy fish.

Nice fish ... looks more like a musky to me ...and ... 27" EH ... was that fork length or tip to tip ?

Im with Darryl though ... there does seem to be alot of attitude ... especially when it comes from people who spend more time weighing and measuring and working on justifying their budgets than on enhancing the fishing experience for fishermen. Sooner or later we need to face up to the fact that our fishery in southern Ontario is NOT sustainable period (unless we outlaw fishing) ... so it needs the ongoing support of the stocking programs especially Put & Take or Put & delayed take for the sport to remain vibrant ... I for one am not interested in Atlantics unless I am allowed to keep em and eat em .. they taste GREAT especially smoked ... but then so do Cohos and they were in great abundance once upon a time ! Woe the day we ever get to the stage they are out east where you can only catch one fish and then you have to pack up and go home .. none of this catch and release as many as you want out there ...