Get your motor runnin......

ccmtcanada

With the 20 degree weather today, I went into the cave where my boat was to see if I could stir it out of winter hibernation! Got it out on the driveway, put some fresh gas in it and pulled the cord. Nothing. Pulled again...nothing. Third times a charm right? Started up nice and strong! Ahhh, that's what I wanted to hear! Listen to her purr...all 18hp of power...LOL.

Here's a few more pics...if you see us out on the water this year, be sure to come on over and say hi!

boat1-3.jpg

boat3.jpg

As much as we love these fish (caught earlier this week)....

steel-1.jpg

We cant wait to get out on the water...there...now it's not a non fishing post... :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by ccmt

Nice setup man, what lakes do you fish from during the summer months. I might see you out on Scugog once.

We're out on the Bog at least a handful of times a year. It's the closest lake to us....if we only have a few hours, then that's where we go. We venture up to Sturgeon Lake more often...that's our fav Kawartha Lake...good fishing, great friends up there :)

Great post Cliff!

Now I wish I had taken video off all my 140 horses coming to life today B)

Got 'er running mint and ready to go.

Gotta love that direct exhaust sound when it is not in the water :thumbsup_anim:

Nothing like waking up and smoking out the neighbourhood burning off that storage seal :whistling:

Hope to get 'er wet next weekend for the panfish opener for FMZ17 :Gonefishing:

We're out on the Bog at least a handful of times a year. It's the closest lake to us...

April 25 th can't be here soon enough! Lots of crappie in Scugog now they will be in shallow bays and inlets ready to

hit those microtube/ float set ups.

Good luck this season,

ehg

Gotta love that direct exhaust sound when it is not in the water :thumbsup_anim:

Yeah...the neighbours love me for that!!! :lol:

Wer'e still iced in,,,gonna have to drill for em next weekend

Still iced in...not sure I want to know where you live!!! :)

April 25 th can't be here soon enough! Lots of crappie in Scugog now they will be in shallow bays and inlets ready to

hit those microtube/ float set ups.

Good luck this season,

ehg

Thanks...I'd ask if you've un-winterized your boat...but you fish all winter long!!!

Add this to yer flick Cliff.

Born to be wild...great tune...maybe if my motor was more powerful than 18hp it would apply...LOL. More like Born to be adequate!! :lol:

Somewhat unrelated, but I was curious if folks use gas that has no ethanol in it? It was suggested to me that gas with 5-10% ethanol doesn't store well over the winter. I don't even have a boat but I found it interesting.

I've heard the same as well. Currently, I use Marine Stabil in my gas all year.

2 days ago i pulled my 9.9 out of hibernation and changed the plugs and fired it up in a trash can and it started second pull. yesterday me and my buddy went out going northward to launch the boat and try the mouth of the pancake, carp, and chippewa. driving out all you could see how ice still on at havilland and harmony. there was no ice at pancake bay and we trolled the bay and went down to the mouth of the river to fish. it was definitly raining and cold and ice burgs were hitting our 12' tinner and then it happened. my motor pretty much died and full throttle it was barely even trolling and we definitly forgot the oars at home. we finally made it back just crawling our way back but it was pretty scary up the creek without a paddle. i took it to my uncles place and he think its just plugged up carbs and to call and order a carb kit tomorrow it. i sure hope its just that!! everyone make sure your motor is good and running before you head out!!

yup cliff got all 3 boats ready to go my 12fter with a 9.9 4 stroke took about 10 minutes to get ready, spent 3 weekends on the ranger doing pumps and couple minor repairs and wirinf, can't say the neigbours were impressed with the entire can of fogging oil i used in the evinrude v6 150, and shawns lund is pretty much ready just have to finish wiring his new terrova trolling motor

2 days ago i pulled my 9.9 out of hibernation and changed the plugs and fired it up in a trash can and it started second pull. yesterday me and my buddy went out going northward to launch the boat and try the mouth of the pancake, carp, and chippewa. driving out all you could see how ice still on at havilland and harmony. there was no ice at pancake bay and we trolled the bay and went down to the mouth of the river to fish. it was definitly raining and cold and ice burgs were hitting our 12' tinner and then it happened. my motor pretty much died and full throttle it was barely even trolling and we definitly forgot the oars at home. we finally made it back just crawling our way back but it was pretty scary up the creek without a paddle. i took it to my uncles place and he think its just plugged up carbs and to call and order a carb kit tomorrow it. i sure hope its just that!! everyone make sure your motor is good and running before you head out!!

If Superior ain't open, I guess we don't have a hope in heck of Big Basswood next weekend eh

Right on Cliff, I bet you're getting pretty pumped to use it eh!

I know the feeling! I just took my new Ranger for its first rip in the Cobourg Harbour yesterday!

Started right up, first try! It was a little rough out there (caught some air), but I opened it up in the harbour (since no one was around).

I CANT WAIT for this weekend, when I can actually fish out of it!

I think I might hit up Scugog for some crappie actually. I've never fished it, but it shouldnt be hard to locate some crappie!

Maybe I'll see ya out there!

Cheers, and enjoy your new toy!