Well finally coming joining you

ben306

Most of you wont even remember me, but signed up a while back and been quietly browsing the site.

Well I've finally got my flights and all my paperwork sorted.

Ill be over in Toronto from the 6th May, so hopefully Ill get to sample a bit of the fishing out there and compare it to here in the UK.

1st things 1st tho will be trying to find work in Toronto, so if anyone knows of anything, or any good recruitement places let me know. Even better if its in Construction, Estimating, Quantity Surveying, Cost Consultant/monitoring etc.

So hopefull once Ive secured work, I'll be off down the local tackle shop to pick up a rod and what not along with the licences and stuff Ill need.

Im fully qualified with a BSc (Hons) Degree in Quantity Surveying, you dont really have them over there as such but similar rolls to Estimator, Cost Consultant, Project Managment etc.

Most of my experiance is Main/General Contractor side, and Ive works on Schools, Refurbs, Residential and Retail. Both Pre and Post contract

Most of you wont even remember me, but signed up a while back and been quietly browsing the site.

Well I've finally got my flights and all my paperwork sorted.

Ill be over in Toronto from the 6th May, so hopefully Ill get to sample a bit of the fishing out there and compare it to here in the UK.

1st things 1st tho will be trying to find work in Toronto, so if anyone knows of anything, or any good recruitement places let me know. Even better if its in Construction, Estimating, Quantity Surveying, Cost Consultant/monitoring etc.

So hopefull once Ive secured work, I'll be off down the local tackle shop to pick up a rod and what not along with the licences and stuff Ill need.

the capitalist pigs and in general most humans have cornered the market on GOOD jobs due to your being new and finding experience and networking most people register with a placement (temporary) agency..some are professional also ..many employers like to feel out an individual through these companies so they aren't under any commitment to hire the person I.E you! SO yea if you dont believe me look on the http://jb-ge.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/ <<website and see how many agencies are out there! Good luck and I hope to meet up for some GREAT fishing!

You be sounding like a project engineer to me, with juice in the Civil Engineering discipline. See what you can do to transfer your BSc stuff to Professional Engineer status in Ontario by contacting http://www.ospe.on.ca/. That will help tremendously in opening doors.

I won't do your stuff for you, but I will gladly spend some time on

• welcome ( I live in the Toronto area)
  • Attitude Adjustment
  • FAQ Fishing
  • FAQ Toronto
  • Telling you what I know about Engineering in the Toronto area
  • Providing an alternate contact for the embassy
  • Providing contact to Gerritt, who has a lot of experience in your field. Tinbanger will give you the lay of the land too. HeadHunter is an employment salesman, a facilitator as it were, with contacts.

Don't expect the red carpet these days, especially in southern Ontario. I hope you can travel or relocate. PM me if you would like more information. I wish you every success. Let me know what I can do to help.

I think that anyone that can jump in with both feet like this has cojones, and gets respect from right minded folks. OFC has some resources for you, just ask.

Edited by douG

Umm, new one to me if there was a dodgy picture up in my Avatar :S

Cudz, yeah thats my 306 rallye, Its my track car, currently going into storage while Im out in Toronto.

Thanks for the info people, looks like I could get some good help and pointers from a few of you guys. I have been doing alot of searching around when it comes to the employment front in the hope of securing work before I got there. But unlike the UK, Ive found Canadian employers what you to start within 2 weeks, and are very personal in that they like to meet you in person and obviously thats an issue being 3500 miles away. Im not expecting any red carpet treatment but Im prepared to put the effort in, Im quite happy getting casual work if it means tieing me over until I secure full time work.

So being serious about this, Ive enough money behind me to sort me out for the first month or two while I find work so figured my best chances are to come out there and get to meet these people.

Im stuck to the Toronto area, as this is where my girlfriend is currently located, but Im willing to travel provided its places I can get on public transport.

Then hopefully with that out the way, I can sort myself out some good fishing, have been looking into Toronto Islands and the like, places within easy reach (Ill be in an appartment on Fork York Blvd near the water front)

London (ON) had a Puegot dealer up until a few years ago, And Ben there is a sweet little racetrack just north of Bowmanville called Mosport, Your car would love to run there. I've had a car or 2 out on the track and it's a great road course

jjcanoe