Shake, Break and Bake

irishfield

Well Terry, see when I saw Wayne was not catching fish I figured I would help him out with the bait and the trick to make it work. When you seen the fish on the sonar you would yell down the hole "Im not Terry" and they hit lol As for the bait it was crayfish on a jig head that was the trick for the fish this trip plus my stand by white grub. Terry I thought of you everytime i hooked a fish and said i wish he was here lol It was a great trip and i so needed it!! Wayne is one hell of a host!!!!!

hey wayne nice pics wish i could have been there love temagami and everything there. surprised you didnt catch anything at secret lake, havent seen that cabin in yrs, we might be going up for easter weekend , if not maybe may24 then flyin to diamond end of june , maybe well run into each other up there.

you cant ever beat a temagami sunrise or sunset the most amazing sights you have ever seen . you should go up to high rock and take some pics of the sunrise and sunsets , did yrs ago but cant find the pics

great report

We then headed further up the lake and found someone's hut, hopefully not John the Fishermans, had tumbled for about a 1000 feet. We picked up the wreckage... fishing rods.. axe... heater.. propane bottles and put it all inside the wreckage and moved on.

I must say that it was very windy on Friday, and my hut did move a bit. About 20 ft, but thank Christ that was not my hut you came upon. I am sure whoever owned (not much good now) that one appreciated your help in gathering up their stuff. Good post and pics.

Hut was off the North West end of Bear... half way to Garden Island John

Oh Wayne, defintitely not fair to post this report and me being stuck here in the city. Love Secret lake.

It's been way to long since I got to do any ice fishing up there.

You haven't forgot the way have you Paul.. saw no signs of life around Rick's. No packed path even.. but I think he blew his airboat motor as he had me quote one 2 weeks ago....

We drilled 45 holes in Secret.... 25 of them on the feeding flats at the South end.. the rest along the East shoreline. Tried the same baits we had excellent luck with on Browns but to no avail. Wasn't 'till we got back to the camp that I realized Secret has lakers in it... we should have fished deep instead of shallow!

Now back to work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you :devil:

Yer starting to piss me off me son. :wallbash::oops::Gonefishing:

Nothing but work from here on out Brian... 'till May 10th that is... :P

hey wayne nice pics wish i could have been there love temagami and everything there. surprised you didnt catch anything at secret lake, havent seen that cabin in yrs, we might be going up for easter weekend , if not maybe may24 then flyin to diamond end of june , maybe well run into each other up there.

you cant ever beat a temagami sunrise or sunset the most amazing sights you have ever seen . you should go up to high rock and take some pics of the sunrise and sunsets , did yrs ago but cant find the pics

great report

We'll be back to the lake May 10th(God Willing).... 'till late September...maybe well into October. Drop in if you head to town for beer... I mean groceries...

Edited by irishfield

Wayne....all i have to say is you guys are a bunch of rotten ....dirty....son of a.... oh yah excelent report as usual :worthy: ...i see you found the old cabin on the way into secret....kinda scary looking...well it looks like you guys had a great time...and im not Terry either :whistling:

Wayne....all i have to say is you guys are a bunch of rotten ....dirty....son of a.... oh yah excelent report as usual :worthy: ...i see you found the old cabin on the way into secret....kinda scary looking...well it looks like you guys had a great time...and im not Terry either :whistling:

Yah.. well.. you had your chance! lol. Would never have found that trail if it wasn't for a frozen sled track in the ice!

hey wayne did you manage to catch any of the walleye at rabbit nose...looks like you were fishing the west side.. great walleye action around them parts and east side as well....late night fishing though...

West and East ??... do you need your compass swung? lol

Bluff is on the East shoreline of the North Arm.... we were fishing the Northern end of the rock face. Nadda.. nothing and the wind was bruttel :o .. we moved on.

West and East ??... do you need your compass swung? lol

Bluff is on the East shoreline of the North Arm.... we were fishing the Northern end of the rock face. Nadda.. nothing and the wind was bruttel :o .. we moved on.

Wind???? :blahblah1::blahblah1: We did not have any wind that day lol I dont call it wind when it tries and blow you off your sled i call that a hurricane!!!! That is one beautiful spot on the lake and one big cliff.

The great thing Fidel is every day we fished an area in the morning and again on the way back in the evening. I bet we drilled 200 holes alone in this one area trying to determine the structure. At one point I'd gone so far off the tip of an island, drilling holes 20 feet apart, that Lloyd was going to drive me back for my sled! We did this partly to find the drop off and fish thru the ice... but secondary finding how it's all laid out in relation to easily visible landmarks so that I can downrig the area without hanging the balls on the 20 foot shelf that stretches over 600 feet out from an island that we thought would get deep quickly (and according to the charts it's supposed to).

And Will.. speaking of Joe.. he's AWOL.. but then again it's Spring Break so maybe the wife swept him off to somewhere.

The great thing Fidel is every day we fished an area in the morning and again on the way back in the evening. I bet we drilled 200 holes alone in this one area trying to determine the structure. At one point I'd gone so far off the tip of an island, drilling holes 20 feet apart, that Lloyd was going to drive me back for my sled! We did this partly to find the drop off and fish thru the ice... but secondary finding how it's all laid out in relation to easily visible landmarks so that I can downrig the area without hanging the balls on the 20 foot shelf that stretches over 600 feet out from an island that we thought would get deep quickly (and according to the charts it's supposed to).

And Will.. speaking of Joe.. he's AWOL.. but then again it's Spring Break so maybe the wife swept him off to somewhere.

its always nice when you leave the ice looking like swiss cheese lol

mmmmuuummble...rotten....dirtyyyy..mummmmble...fricken.....of all the stinken...mummmble....i cant take it.. i missed the rough ice, crazy winds and all those fish...this work crap stuff really sucks...mummmble...damn it.. :wallbash:

Edited by walleyemaster