Removed

lhousesoccer

LOL.. ya your right... Vermonters are like New Hampshire hippies... and hey as long as they are not shooting at me... One day Ill tell ya the story of the "Spike Horned Pike" we got while duck hunting...

I think that's the most dangerous sport there is :w00t:

Just the thought of aiming and shooting at the water to get a fish with a high caliber riffles is enough to give me a heart attack :angry:

If it's a tradition in their part of the country, so be it but I'd rather leave the magnum home and take out the good old rod for this task.

Leechman

Thanks for sharing the video. I thought it was entertaining. It's only 45 miles from me and I've seen it up close. Hell, half those folks have the same last name as me. I know that it wouldn't sit right in very many other places but you still do have to try to understand them.

In West(by God) Virginia it is legal to shoot carp but only with a shotgun.Here in Virginia you have to use a bow to get them suckers and have either a fishing OR hunting license.I have a bud that runs owns a Japanese restaurant that will take every Carp he can get.

med_gallery_7_64_180584.jpeg

Say what you will,its legal,the fish was not wasted and it was much harder than throwing out corn and boilies.

Joe

Roy,My bud steams the carp and then serves it with a sauce that will make your tounge slap yer brains out.

Joe

Well hell ol' buddy. Y'shoulda told me that that was a Cajun sushi place.

Good video, thanks for posting. Looks like an old tradition that has survived for a long time. It's not my cup of tea but each to his own, not my position to say good or bad as it's happening in another country and not my business. Betcha the P3ta crowd stays along way away from those guys for fear of getting their asses speared. :o Hey great idea! a P3ta season! :devil::D

Wow, Brings back good memories, (My Best) when we were all a family together as kids in Vermont. Peanuts (a prince of an old man) maybe with the same last name as Yours Roy, is it French? decided to shoot some Carp that entered the flooded back field from lake Champlain. I never seen fish so Big in my life, that swam around and around with its dorsal fins just above the surface like a shark. Ole Peanuts about four foot nothing decided he was going to shoot these Carp with his Double Barrel shot gun. I was an awestruck 8 year old watching this guy blasting a Carp to Obliteration with me standing beside him. Wow, a Huge explosion of water no more than ten feet from me and ole Peanuts just about landed on his aasss. Funny though, I always wondered where the Carp went as they completely disappeared from the Back field.

One of these Days Ill tell you a story when Ole Peanuts scared the crap out of me on the Drive to help him cut grass at his Hunting Camp. I thought I was going to die

Did you all know, that they drag ,LIVE ,dogs, through boiling tanks in China? This make for easy skinning, as theres none left when they come out.

There are many ways for many things at many places in this world. Wrong??????? Maybe to some,but not to others.

That was an educating post.