Our new Kawartha Lakes Chapter of Muskies Canada!

Ron

Well some of you may know, we have formed a new chapter of Muskies Canada in Peterborough. We have worked very hard at getting this up and running and are happy with the outcome. If anyone is interested in attending one of our meetings as a guest, please fell free to email or PM me.

We have some great chapter executive to make this a fun filled night and a few of them are on this site.

Jef Christensen is the Membership Director.

Geoff Bobyk is the Treasurer.

Mike DeGrace is the Web Director.

Tom McCutcheon is the Release Director.

The few that are not on this site are:

Angelo Didomizio who is the Stores Director

Jason Holweg who is a Director at Large

Last but not least is Jeremiah Wade who is also a Director at Large.

The hardest part to believe is me acting mature enough as the Chapter Chairman! :huh::D

A recap of our meeting Tuesday night.

Wow another meeting gone by. Just unreal on how many members and guests are showing up. I believe we had one more new guy join tonight.

With 38 people filling the room, it was a unanimous decision to move to a new location. We are just waiting for confirmation of our new location before we advertise it. We will miss Rickys All Day Grille, it was a great facility, too bad we out grew it. I will be sure to post the new location here. Who ever would have thought standing room only at a Muskies Canada meeting???

Special thanks to Glen Hales, awesome presentation of Muskie on the fly rod. I hope this has intrigued a few guys to give it a try. Thanks so much for your presentation.

We are one step closer to finalizing a chapter logo, hope to have it nailed down at our next meeting. The KTD sign project is coming along nicely. We hope to put in our first order of signs by next month. One hurdle we are working on is the approval from the municipalities to post the signs.

The prize table, well lets just say we need a bigger table too! Thanks to all of you who supported us to get this chapter up and running. I look forward to the day of helping out the next new Chapter!

The rest of the meeting???, well we have to save some of it for the RJ. :blush:

Great to hear things are working out well for the new chapter Ron.

I'll be staying at the trailer the entire summer, from the beginning of May until Thanksgiving, so I'll definetely be signing up.

Great to hear things are working out well for the new chapter Ron.

I'll be staying at the trailer the entire summer, from the beginning of May until Thanksgiving, so I'll definetely be signing up.

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t: Thats great news, one of the nicest Muskie Ambassadors around wearing the MCI patch!

Ron, I'm happy to hear things are going so well, perhaps now you can give me back the members you stole...LOL :(

No surprises with such a great crew to start things off, can't wait for the Outing!

Edited by Pigeontroller

Thanks for the replies guys.

Lew you are more than welcome to our meetings any time. We would look forward to seeing your smiling face. :D

There are some great members in our chapter. Oops I lied, they are all great members!

If anyone can swing it, we will be having Cupcake er I mean Team Empty Pockets adn Geoff Bobyk (Alis OFC name unkown) showing us how to make home made bucktails and Cow Girls. I asked these 2 guys to do a session at the Spring Fishing and Boat Show and it went off great! With our next meeting it is also just going to be a big gab session too. Afterall, who wants to listen to project updates all the time.

Hey Ron,

Congrats......

Also, as the Kawartha area is my "Fishing-home".....I'm thinking of joining up.

However, Im not sure how much I can commit to as my work schedule is pretty hectic.

What's involved?

Meely :canadian:

Hey Meely

Would enjoy your company at our meetings. The only commitment required from you is a key to your cottage. :D

What's involed? There is no commitment to how much you have to get involved. Although there is more satisfaction to the level of involvement you partake in. (How is that for beating around the bush). :rolleyes:

Attending the meetings is what it's all about. On the water meetings in the Summer, on a Saturday that is. We will be having one on Pigeon in July, possibly another on Lower Buckhorn in August.

I just finished writing a little "about us" for another member here, if it's alright with "Pete", I will forward you what I wrote him.

Lew; we would really enjoy your company.

I'm lookin forward to it Tom and it'll be good to see you & your brother again, and maybe we'll finally be able to hook up and do a bit of fishing together.

I used to be a member of MCI but things just didn't work out, but this new chapter looks excellent and I think I already know most of the members :lol:

Looking forward to seeing you Lew!

Just imagine the cabin fever around the time of May and to be able to talk Muskie with some other dedicated, hard core Muskie Fishermen...... Ahhhh, it's starting to get to me now just thinking of it!

I was saying to Cupcake...only another 180+- days before we are off to Nipigon and then fish LoW for muskie. That's at the end of the season and we have to get through the beginning of the season first. It's going to be a long Summer!

Ron, that trip to LOTW sounds great and hopefully you'll tie into a couple monsters up there.

I was talkin to Angelo at the Fishing Show and he was telling me how your gonna have a couple meetings on the water and that sounds like an excellent idea. I won't have puter access at the lake all summer but I talk with Mike all the time and I'll get the info I need from him.

Thanks Ron/Tom,

Maybe I can connect with one of the members at the Odyssey next month and join up.

Will youz guys be there?

As for the key.......Why don't I just leave it under a rock.

It will be our little secret....lol

Looking forward to joining.

Meely

Ron you guys are looking to be a strong chapter congrats on the great start and the new members your picking up well that sais it all for you guys its nice to see and here of all the new faces joining the club.

Lew I'm glad to here your joining them but then again you would be out fishing wiht alot of them all season any way.

I hope I can get out to one of the outtings this year I know they will be a blast.

Cheers from Belle River

• 4 weeks later...

Well,

We hammered down a new location for our monthly meetings. How can it get any better than on the second Tuesday night of every month at Riley's Olde Towne Pub, where on Tuesday nights, it's wings night! Meetings start at 7 PM. This month's meeting we have Cupcake and Bobyk showing us how to tie Muskie Bucktails and Cowgirls.

Hope to see all the guys who were asking there!

Cheers, Ron....

Unfortunately Ron, I won't be at the lake in time for the April meeting, but will be there fer sure in May and lookin forward to seeing everybody again.

That new location will be nice & handy too.

Wow, you've come a long way in a few shorts years Grasshop..., I mean Ron. Seems it wasn't that long ago I remember you catching your first musky. :D I know this though, your the right man for the job. :thumbsup_anim:

Jef in a position of responsability, hmmmmmm, who'd of thunk..... ;)

if your intested, just think of all the on the water experience these folks have. attending their meeting for a look can shorten your learning curve by years.

Thats one of reasons I plan on going ..that and its WING NIGHT :D

TB