Oooooo Lottsa fishing goodies ( Picture heavy)

nautifish

Well i am in the process of re-decorateing my den and turning it into my fishing roon....So this morning i left the house around 11.00am and set off to Cambridge. The sun was out was a beautiful morning here in dover. Once i got just the other side of Paris the snow was starting to come down...

paris.jpg

grandriverparis.jpg

glenmorris.jpg

dumfries.jpg

Not too bad but i hate driving in snow.....

Arrived at my uncle place around 12.45pm........Sat and yakked for a few hrs... 3.30 came real quick so we packed up my van with all my new goodies... ;D.... I was not looking forward to the drive home lemme tell ya the snow was coming down real good and had been all the time i was at my uncles......So once the van was packed full i headed home.....It never ceases to amaze me how many stupid bloody idiots they're are out there. The roads were crap....I was driving like Miss Daisey lol and i don't give a Monkeys..I was not ending up in no ditch...........This is a hill off of Myers.....As you can see none of the cars could get up this hill....

crazy.jpg

This poor sod ended up in the playing feild..

opps.jpg

Then as i was leaving out of Cambridge this woman lost control of her Vehicle and ended up in the ditch.

intheditch.jpg

I stopped to make sure she was okay and she said someone was on they're way....So i slowly proceeded Home.....Once i got to this side of waterford it was beautiful........Sun was peeking through and no bloody awe full snow....Man am i ever glad i don't live in the snow belt erea.....lol

So once home i opened up my van....

fishingrods.jpg

Starting unloading everything....I don't think i will ever have to buy another fishing rod in my life ......lol

These are just a few things my uncle gave me i would be here all night if i photographed everything......lol

bookrack.jpg

platesign.jpg

I larfed when i found this in one of the tackle boxes...

sportsman.jpg

I was also given this beautiful book on antique fishing lures.....and it is a beauty book...

lurebook.jpgpagelure3.jpg

pagelure.jpg

pagelure2.jpg

I luv this book...

I also got a load of fishing nets, tackle boxes, rod holders, fishy stuff to hang in my new fishing room, more lures and hooks and well you name it i probably got it.....lol.....So as much as i really hate driving in winter weather it was worth it....... ;D

Now i have one question....Can someone please tell me what u use a 16' shoreline stalker pole for? It is an extended telescope rod light action - 5 sec. Never seen one before....It has no eyes or reel this is why i am asking...... ::)

stalkerpole.jpg

stalker2.jpg

stalker3.jpg

I am puzzled why it has no eyes on the pole anywhere.

The pole is probably a crappie rod. You can reach over lilly pads and drop bait anywhere in between them.

Are you British?

Some of the language you use suggest that you are.

By the way, nice fishing stuff for the room! I too laughed at the lube.

The pole is probably a crappie rod. You can reach over lilly pads and drop bait anywhere in between them.

Are you British?

Some of the language you use suggest that you are.

By the way, nice fishing stuff for the room! I too laughed at the lube.

Nope not British.....Canadian born. :canadian: ...I just sound like a limey!....Well actually i get told more i sound like a auzzy.....SO who knows. :whistling: .....lol

I have a very similar Dame, Stoddard and Kendall box at home, with some antique lures in it. No idea where it came from though

Its a nice Box kEMPER I REALLY LIKE IT.....Going to fill it with fishing mags......lol... :thumbsup_anim: I'll ask my uncle where he got his....

.Can someone please tell me what u use a 16' stalker pole for?

That's to keep stalkers away. If you use it correctly, they won't get within 16' of you. :unsure:

Quite the haul there Nauti. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Lotsa great :Gonefishing: stuff there Nauti!!! :thumbsup_anim:

I'll give you $5 US for that lure book right now! ;)

The 16' pole should have a wire loop at the end to tie your line to. Some folks use them down here for Crappie fishin', you can fish around the branches of a tree that has fallen into the water with minimal hang ups... drop your line straight down, no bites in a minute, lift your line straight up! The 16' length give you enough distance from the fish as to not spook them.

Very nice haul.

bite your tongue never have to buy another rod. HA you always need to by another rod regardless how many you have.

HAHA!! No kidding, no matter HOW MUCH you REALLY DON'T NEED IT... you always seem to come up with a VALID REASON WHY you need it...well, at least I do! :D:whistling::thumbsup_anim:

lol.....Actually that is not all my rods & reels....Those are just what was given to me by my uncle yesterday. That was not includeing the amount i allready have which is alot...... :thumbsup_anim:

Danc LOL @ YOU.......

My next investment will be some nice wooden rod holder stands.....Currently i have them all in some VERY LARGE CROCKS....and well it just aint doin anything for me.....lol......Gotta have them all displayed nicely.....lol....

I'll be sure to post pictures once my new fishing room is completed...... :thumbsup_anim:

As for the book......$5.00 Pfft!!...I sat reading that book for two hrs last night there are lures in there that date back too 1892....Now thats kool.....So i know what i will be looking for at auctions and yard saleing this year..... :D

.....So i know what i will be looking for at auctions and yard saleing this year..... :D

Haha! You're going to have to get up early to get there before me! :whistling:

Actually, you're in a much better area than me for that kind of stuff so you could do very well. Good hunting. :canadian:

Haha! You're going to have to get up early to get there before me! :whistling:

Actually, you're in a much better area than me for that kind of stuff so you could do very well. Good hunting. :canadian:

lol FB.....Well i am up at 5.30am and out the door by 5.45am when i am out yard saleing through the spring summer & Fall if i am not fishing......Yes i am in a great erea. Have stumbled across many an old tackle box full of old lures and such but too be honest at that time it was not what i was looking for.......How ever this year i shall. :D

Fishinsled....Yeah its a great plate i love it......