Who else but ice fisherpersons?

Big Cliff

Hey Cliff! I know it's dark and cold but I was just talking to Norm and he's waiting for you in the driveway. Go get him now before he freezes. Don't forget to hug Sue before you leave. Good luck to you both and Steve and CPH. Be safe out there and I'm sure that lots will be waiting for the lake "X" report.

Would be up and ready to head out the door at 4:30 am on a Sunday in the winter! I must be nuts! Well have a good day everyone I'm off to lake X for a day with some friends. We'll post tonight.

I must be one of those nut jobs too,I am waiting on a friend to pick me up and go steelie fishin in the boat on the big river :Gonefishing:

I too was up before the birds on Sunday

I was heading out to a new spot on the Ottawa river.

I unloaded the snowmachine... attached the clam to the back and off I went.

It was dark and this being a new spot and knowing I had to cross a bit of current... I elected to stop half-way there near some huts and fish there until sunup

Well I unbuckled the Jiffy... pull pull... check the choke.... pull pull

Long story short.... my old reliable that has never let me down Jiffy choose that day to throw a spring off of the idler arm or somthing like that.

I tried to re-rig it but with freezing fingers and tiny springs.... I gave up an hour later.... jumped on the snowmachine and headed back to the truck.

What was supposed to be a great mild day on the ice... turned in to a warm nap on the couch and some wings and Superbowl later on.

I will be taking the Jiffy to the doctor tomorrow. :asshat: