Lac 31 Miles - Outaouais QC

Leecher

Well guys the plan today was for Whitespinnerbait , Fishing 24/7 and I to head out to Lac 31 Miles and try for the first time for whities. Left home at 7:00am, temperature was -24C and little overcast. Snow was lightly coming down while driving. Got to destination at around 9ish and just before driving onto the lake..... a couple of these guys stop for a quick snapshot B)

IMGP1726.jpg

A doe and her fawn..... There were tracks everywhere B)

24/7 knows a good spot on that lake but unfortunately for us the path on the ice road to that spot was covered in deep snow and being in a sunfire did not venture there :wallbash: Instead we tried another spot.... got setup and did not take long for Kevin aka Fishing 24/7 to hook into a beautiful laker..... but no pics of that one, back she goes..... OOS :wallbash:

Then it was Paul's turn to hook into a decent fish but never seen the color of it because his line got snapped :wallbash:

Kevin got another laker and back she went..... we moved to another location near some islands in about 20 FOW.... I managed my first laker on a Swedish Pimple tipped with a white Gulp fish fry..... back she went :wallbash:

I got into another and lost it at the hole :wallbash: Kevin took some shots while I was fighting it.... here they are

IMGP1733.jpg

IMGP1734.jpg

IMGP1735.jpg

Man that thing was huge and fortunately for her she spit my spoon at the hole..... Then not long after Kevin hooks into his first whitie B) and what a beauty

IMGP1737.jpg

Took another shot of it

IMGP1736.jpg

All in all was beautiful day, caught 7 lakers and one whitie

Thanks Kevin and Paul for a fun day..... we'll definitely do it again :canadian::thumbsup_anim:

Hope you enjoy

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

Awesome day...bet you can't wait 'til the lakers are in season :whistling: Thanks for posting :)

Thanks johnnyb.... Yeah LOL wished they were...... Man can they ever put up a fight :thumbsup_anim:

Excellent photos. Thanks for sharing...

Thanks Danc.... wish I could of taken a shot of the sunfire where we ended last :w00t: Lots of snow and couldn't go any further.

Sounds like a great/fishful day on the hardwater !!!!. :whistling::clapping: ..nice whitie too...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Thanks fishindevil..... Yeah that whitie sure is a beaut.

Edited by Leechman

Nice pictures, nice whitie! Good report!

Thanks Rico24.

Thanks for sharing.

That whitie would taste mighty nice baked or BBQ'd

Thanks Bruce..... Unfortunately for me did not hook into one..... Bet Kevin is enjoying it :whistling:

Very nice report, fish, and pics Jacques!!! :Gonefishing::canadian::thumbsup_anim:

Looks like it was plenty cold, but when the fish are biting it doesn't feel as cold as it actually is eh!!!

Thanks Glen. Sure was cold today but like you said, after my first hookup with them lakers, did not feel as cold as it actually was.

i told ya i'd be waiting for a report!!! and a darn good one at that, nice lookin' white and 7 lakers! sounds like a good day no matter how chilly it was!

thanks for sharin'

Matt!

Thanks Matt. It was darn cold in the early parts of the morning but warmed up to a toasty -13C :w00t: and that is without the wind chill.

Was real fun to finaly get out and enjoi some of quebecs best winter days! COLD COLD COLD BUT sunny! :thumbsup_anim:

we went on the whitefish hunt ended up getting OOS lakers...... :wallbash:

good thing i got that single BEAST! tho. totally different fighters than lakers.

now the good part enjoying a good OL FEAST OF THE BEAST!

they gave me two monster fillets ! thanx for the great advice guys!

hope oyu enjoi LEECHMANS REPORT!

next time we will try deeper and try to find the school of them! that is if we can!

that lake is enfested with LA GRISE!!!!!!

till next time!

24/7

Was real fun to finaly get out and enjoi some of quebecs best winter days! COLD COLD COLD BUT sunny! :thumbsup_anim:

we went on the whitefish hunt ended up getting OOS lakers...... :wallbash:

good thing i got that single BEAST! tho. totally different fighters than lakers.

now the good part enjoying a good OL FEAST OF THE BEAST!

they gave me two monster fillets ! thanx for the great advice guys!

hope oyu enjoi LEECHMANS REPORT!

next time we will try deeper and try to find the school of them! that is if we can!

that lake is enfested with LA GRISE!!!!!!

till next time!

24/7

Thanks Kev..... that was a beautiful whitie beast you caught and wish I could of somehow hook into one but nonetheless was a real fun day out there and will have to do it again......

Congratulations Kev..... U the man!!!!!

Hoping that Paul got some pics to share

Jacques

Bien joué mon grand!! En passant, c'est dans quel ZEC que t'as pêché?

Dommage que la grise était fermé... On dirai que y'en manque pas!!

prends soins

HD

Merci mon Chum! Ont n'était pas dans aucun ZEC mais sur un plan d'eau que j'ai jamais fréquenté dans la zone 10 près de chez nous B) Ben du fun mais comme tu as dit, vraiment dommage que la grise était fermée.... de très beau spéciments.... Le plan d'eau est très bien aménagé et ils sont en abondances B)

Merci encore!

Good job guys!

Thanks weedline.... Much appreciated!

Edited by Leechman

Sure was a beautiful day to be outdoors.....

January24th200931milelake102.jpg

Man the Lakers were on fire !!!!!!!!

Since 24/7 gauranteed his girlfriend that he would be bringing home whitefish for supper.. :stretcher:

January24th200931milelake093.jpg

I settled for a meal with a t-bone and not a y-bone :wub:

January24th200931milelake083.jpg

January24th200931milelake084.jpg

Here my catch of the day.... :dunno:

January24th200931milelake062.jpg

The Three Amigo's .

Good job lads! My place in QC is infested with whitefish as well. Although I havn't been up in the winter very much, the few times I have I've never been able to locate numbers of them.

I have caught tons of them in late June when the mayflies hatch in the evening. My entire bay is teeming with rising fish then....

One of these days I'll figure them out! Good luck to you guys hopefully you can crack the code. :)

Another mini OFC G2G! Great job on you three hooking up on a cold winters day! I don't ice fish much, but when I do go out it's always a great time. At least you got into a few...I didn't have nearly the same luck this past weekend...LOL.

Great pics!

Sure was a beautiful day to be outdoors.....

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk227/b...milelake102.jpg

Man the Lakers were on fire !!!!!!!!

Since 24/7 gauranteed his girlfriend that he would be bringing home whitefish for supper.. :stretcher:

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk227/b...milelake093.jpg

I settled for a meal with a t-bone and not a y-bone :wub:

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk227/b...milelake083.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk227/b...milelake084.jpg

Here my catch of the day.... :dunno:

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk227/b...milelake062.jpg

The Three Amigo's .

Yeah Paul sure was a beauty day to be out..... Thanks again. Will have to do it again soon :canadian::thumbsup_anim: The T-bones sure looks good :thumbsup_anim:

Good job lads! My place in QC is infested with whitefish as well. Although I havn't been up in the winter very much, the few times I have I've never been able to locate numbers of them.

I have caught tons of them in late June when the mayflies hatch in the evening. My entire bay is teeming with rising fish then....

One of these days I'll figure them out! Good luck to you guys hopefully you can crack the code. :)

Thanks Mike..... Interesting, where abouts is your place in QC?

Good job the Amigos!!!!

Thanks Dan!

Good job guys

Thanks DGC

Nice to see that the 3 of you were able to get out :thumbsup_anim: ...nice report and that's a beauty Whitie Kevin :clapping: ...

Thanks Steve..... nice and fat B)

Another mini OFC G2G! Great job on you three hooking up on a cold winters day! I don't ice fish much, but when I do go out it's always a great time. At least you got into a few...I didn't have nearly the same luck this past weekend...LOL.

Great pics!

Thanks Cliff..... Saw your report and looked like you guys had a blast nonetheless.... Thank you for that :thumbsup_anim:

Great report fellas! Thats a great looking whitefish!

Thanks buckster!