whitefish chumming....

codered

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Finally the secret is out. We've been doing this for years. Take uncooked spaghetti and break it into teeny pieces- no bigger than 1". Cook thoroughly and drain. Put into a ziploc bag and here's the secret part. Don't tell anyone

Go to the grocery store and in the baking area you'll find NEON food colouring. To the ziploc bag add in a few drops of whatever color turns you're crank. I usually have 2 bags with me, one green, one orange or red.

Many days if I do take a whitefish home, I've found some of my chum inside the stomach. One bit of advice though, only put down a small pinch every 30 minutes or so. You want enough to just keep them around not fill em up. The bits of spaghetti seem to glow on the bottom when you drop a camera down

Up at our lodge in temagami we had people chum with everything you could imagine. We use to chum our huts with hundreds of pounds of salties but some people didn;t think that was enough, and added everything from barley, corn, noddles, bread and even chicken bones down the hole in efforts to bbring the whities in. The salties where the only thing that worked, and when we dropped the aqua view down at different times, the lake bottom was covered with poop people had dropped down the holes. All the whiteys and lakers i caught out of our huts had stomachs full of salties, and on occasion barley, but the noodles and chicken bones just cluttered up the bottom.

Yep, it works. I find Mr. Noodles are the easiest. Just break them up, boil them for a minute, and your golden.

Whities aren't the smartest fish around. They'll eat anything if you put it down there for them.

What Fang said about the quantity is bang on. You want just enough to get them interested, not feed them. If I stop marking fish on the graph, I'll put a little bit down. Sure enough, as soon as it gets close to bottom, here comes the fish agian. I like to just pop the air bladder out of live minnows myself........especially if I'm using them for bait too!! Just 5 or 6 is all you need at a time.

Sinker

This is how a guy told me to chum...

You take a can with the top cut out, put a hole in the bottom to thread a line through so what you have is a can on a long line. put your chum in with a stone and cover with a tissue held with rubber band. You lower the can down to the desired depth and give it a jerk to rip open the wet tissue and your chum is all right where you want it. Ive never tried it.

Sure it isn't intestines? I cleaned alot of fish and the bigger ones all have a noodle looking sack in there gut?

for sure it wasent intestines it came from the gut sack...i played around in it for a while and yup it was spagettie ... no meat balls i was hoping for surf and turf..... :stretcher: