Put the shack out

Bernie

Borrowed a shack from my uncle. This one hasn't been on the ice for about ten years. Just sitting there adding more spider webs each year.

It was pointing the wrong way for the skis and they were frozen down. So a few 2x4's and a pry bar managed to get it turned around.

I was a little worried about the condition of it and whether it would stand the shaking but it made the trip OK. This shack has to be minimum 40 years old and "if it could talk could tell a story or two".

Winterchannel.jpg

Got it into place with the door facing east.

Carlsshack.jpg

carlsshack2.jpg

Able to see it from the cottage. Joe will be able to walk back early to make us lunch. ;)

cottageview.jpg

Not too far away from the Ice Bungalows

icebungalows.jpg

Just have to fire up the antique Jiffy and a bag of minnows and away we go.

You misseed the spot by 2 feet Bernie. You better move it.LOL

Amazing stuff bud. Yep, I to think what the walls could tell from the past. Lots of times when Im driving around and see old farm homes all boarded up, I think to myself, I wonder what happen back then.

Lots of times when Im driving around and see old farm homes all boarded up, I think to myself, I wonder what happen back then.

Glad to hear I am not the only one that wonders that Brian.

how much for the day? lol

Well so far just a couple gallons of gas and a little time. :whistling::lol:

That looks awesome Bernie! Gettin the itch to watch you catch fish again! Counting the days!

Lunch...hmmm, yer right, man does not live on laughs alone! Gotta eat!

And as I was mentioning to G the other day, I see LEMONS in my future!

HH

Ahhhhh headhunter...my old apprentice.....you have learned much.....time for you to go......(and catch some yourself ;) )

No more excuses Bernie!!!

Go catch us some ice fish to look at Bubba!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::canadian:

When have I ever made an excuse!????? :whistling: ........... Don't go looking.

There ya go Bernie... Bernie's Hut Rentals ! Just stop in Powassan, pay and receive your map to find it !

Hmmmmmmm....Something to think about........Nope .......Ha

Where be the shack Bernie? In Callander bay?

Heading out to Callander tomorrow morning{ sunday} I'll look for it... or PM me your cel # I'll call ya for an update.

RFS

:canadian:

Have a good pair of binoculars? :lol: This one is about 10 miles south of Callander Bay Randy.

Cell phone? Hate phones!!!!! They don't work dependably here anyway. Too far from a tower.

But if you ever decide to come down to the South Bay area, PM me here.