How much do you spend?

diggyj

Hmm . Make my own jigs and bought a few thousand hooks 4 years ago at the fishing show. Think they were around $50 bucks. Get my lead from wheel wieghts (free). Powder paint lasts a long long time and have a dozen or so colours. Buy a flat of worms in the spring. A couple bags of snap swivels.

Maybe some new fishing line. Annual tackle costs? $100 bucks, maybe. The lid on my tackle box mostly collects dust.

Just use a Plano container for the jigs. But I do end up with the odd plateful of pickerel.Yummmm.

Speaking of jigs Bernie... when's your next production run ?? lol

We usually do them up in March Wayne. But it can happen just about anytime the guys get together to do an assembly line run.

You want to come up and join the assembly line union? :D

$50 bucks a month. I am on a budget.

I recently bought a nice im6 rod and reel for $24. Also bought a one piece im6 7' heavy casting rod for $19.99.

So far this year I have spent about $50 since Christmas.

Need to save next month though for the BPS spring sale.

Yah... but you only need one hook for your style of fishin bud! :D

And that one hook catches me Walleye, Brook Trout, Steelhead, Pike, Whitefish, Perch, Bass.... And I don't just use one hook per year Wayne. Sometimes I'll go through 4 or 5 of them in a year.

as much as I need to....?

Speaking of float gear I need (want?) another rod...looking for a 12 and a half footer thats used and CHEAP

Kemper,

$75+tx will get you a brand new 12'6" Shimano convergence, w/ Fuji guides and a lifetime warranty. I just picked one up before Xmas for chuckin bigger floats with bulk shot.

There not pretty, but very functional.

I'll probably spend just under $1000 before season opener and about that much again before the end of the year.

$250 has come my way via BPS gift cards.

Part of that will include a new fish finder and the rest will be drop-shot rod, jigging rod, a pair of baitcasters for them and of course a bit of tackle.

Edited by nomad

Well, I have not been buying fishing stuff for all that long so my number would be off....I think I will spend $300, if I get the reel I need.

In a couple of years I hope the number to level off at $50 max per year and work with the tackle I have and still be prepared for everything.

It is disappointing to look at some of the items I have and realise that I have never caught a fish on them. When I was a kid I had tons of fun on $200 worth of tackle total and that includes a rod/reel! All the terminal tackle I needed could fit into my pocket. Having all this extra tackle is a luxury, sometimes a burden.

I like this thread.

forrest

are we talking just tackle and bait here?, or the whole spectrum? because I am sure that many of us don't even want to add it all up in the long haul :blink:

I don't..or at least I don't in front of my wife :whistling::lol: .....first there is site fees for my trailer lot,trailer insurance, boat insurance,fuel for 2 boats,fuel to get back and forth to the trailer, that all adds up to a good couple grand or so :rolleyes: ....20-25 bucks a week in the summer just in bait for me and the kids....top off the kid's tackle boxes(then they score my stuff too for some reason). My tackle top ups for the year depend on what I am fishing for could range from a dollar pack of hooks to a 25 dollar musky bait depending on my needs at the time..... I knew I didn't want to start adding it all up :lol::Gonefishing:

Well lets just say that fishing is the reason i dont own my own house !!!!! thousands & thousands of dollars,like the saying goes: it really is a full blown addiction isnt it ?????

my only regret will be when i die that my wife will sell all my fishing tackle for what i told her i payed for it !!!!!! :blink::w00t::huh::PB)