Lower Grand Ice Fishing help

LeXXington

Hi All:

Going to head down too Fishmasters dunviile place on Sat\Sun and try this Grand river Ice fishing thing. I figure the ICE should be good after the cold blast coming.

I know it's not going to be like Simcoe clear and deep - Drop minnow wait for perch. So I have no idea what I am doing in the Grand during ice season.

What tips or locations can you offer a poor guy who has too pull his own sled the hardway so in other words I won't be moving all that much once I am set up.

Feel free too PM more generlized locations, tips etc or if you are going to the grand and need a person for company. :whistling:

I prefer to go fishing with masters of the enviorment and learn but I don't know too many people that ICE fish the lower Grand.

thanks Lexx

Hey lex maybe we can make a date for us and rich to get together for a bit of a fish-off,,lol, glad to help anyone out there,,it may be tough at first but after a bit of help it's easy fishin,,,steve knows the river and is always willing to give a little info!

I made it out there yesterday. Fished from about 8:30 - 2pm. Marked a couple of bigger fish but they would not take it. I started on a slope of 11' and then fished the middle (close to) at 16'. Seen a lot of smelt in there. If thats what the Eye's are munch'n on they sure do have a feast down there...

Well thats only twice out there for me now and both times skunked!!!! I sure would like to get in on that little "helping hand" info lesson.

Im gonna give it another try. Maybe Thursday.

Cheers!

Jim

It's been known to happen from time to time.. I had set lines out for them everytime I fished Dunnville last winter in hopes would come along.. never happened for me but it does happen. Not the bigger Erie run fish but resident fish of the river.

Thanks for everyone that has posted information and what too bring etc. Glad I asked so I can pack accordingly

Looks like a fishmaster Sat meeting at 7am (slurp big coffee here) then head out onto the river after picking up some "Buckshot Rattles"

and minnows.

There is a small group going and possibly meeting others on the ice. Rich your always invided to skunk it up with the rest of us :)