a few days on the water

BassAsin

so here we are in the new year and another season of specks begins, this year being a little more significant than most i got the chance to have my 2 best friends come with me my father who now lives a few hours from me and my best friend james who is a few hours the other way from me. we all managed to reunite and have a blast of a day, after working graveyard and getting off work at 3 am james had about an hour of sleep before leaving to meet my dad at 6. my dad said like a kid before christmas he didnt get a wink of sleep. good to know that the excitement doesnt fade with age it seems as though it actually becomes ever growing! So we get the skidoo's unloaded a family of them a ciation short track a tundra and a tundra long track 62 years of sled experience between the 3! we broke trail the 3 miles into the lake to meet 2 other lads fishing already and to our suprise over the course of the fall a logging road (and much easier) trail was put in. :wallbash: none the less we had our 6 lines in before sun up and were welcomed to a beautiful sunrise. at about 8 oclock we hit a small frenzy, james missing the same fish 3 times before pulling one up, and likewise with my dad, he only missed twice HAHAHA as for me i was running the video camera and getting some chuckles. nearing 10 oclock all 3 of us got into some fish putting the total at 5, lots of good times a good fire and some grilled cheese and we were all set for another run 2 more around noon and a missed fish put the total at 7 for the day my dad left early around 1 ish james and i satyed till close to 2:30 and missed one more at -20C the lines were freezing in pretty quick!

January 2nd

the 3 of us managed to get out again for about 6 hours and one bite all day and no fish! on a different lake.

so happy new year to all and sorry i didnt get a pile of pictures, was more interested in the video (santa was nice to me and left a camcorder)

jan1_3_.jpg

jan_1__1_.jpg

jan_1_.jpg

January 5th

my buddy rob (stylincatch) and i got out for pike on a little pond where we have pulled out 10 pounders as kids, caught a 12 inch pike and missed a 7-10 pounder in the hole! i was kinda disapointed.

jan 6th managed to get out to nippissing for a few hours in the evening went to a random spot miles from any shack,shoreline,person. managed to catch 6 perch and snapped an awesome shot of rob jiggin his tip up,

the bush chiken was taken on the second with the new camera/camcorder at about 65 yards and to my suprise it turned out well!

jan_6th.jpg

jan_2.jpg

that is a nice shot, beauty fish too. Their still on my "to catch" list.

next time you plan on rollin throught the bay let me know give yourself an extra day and i'll get ya on them! might even get ya one over 3 lbs depending on where i wanna take ya!!! i cant tell ya where that is though :whistling:

thanks solopadler and simon and jaques, i did get a quick read on your bass catch jaques just no time over holidays to comment good job and very healthy. are they closed all winter long in quebec as well?

Thanks Matt.... no bass is open til the end of season, March 31st 2009 B)