WOW Gas going up 10 cents

holdfast

I really got to shake my head. Our Gas just sky rocketed 10 cents without notice. Guy on the Radio says his information (watchdog) had two explanations.

1. Oil Companies have lost money since last April

2. Oil Companies are creatures of habit and this is expected at this time of year

Just curious on you guys if its happened yet to you. If not Oil companies are creatures of Habit! so expect it.

When it was approx $140 a Barrel it was $1.39.9 at the pumps. So it jumped tonite from .73 to .85 Any guesses if it reaches $140 a Barrel at this rate how much it will be at the Pumps? Fantastic Marketing

Every time the Israelis get trigger happy and the Arabs go bomb crazy, the speculators get to jack the price of crude. Any excuse to push the margin. Pity the well head tax we collect from the yanks isn't based on a percentage of that price per barrel.

You truly are a Jolly sort, eh?

I told the Mods that I will try to be nice. But you make it awfully Hard. Id say your just a troublemaker. So, as to my thread, has your gas gone up, or is just this province OH Great Know it-All.

I told the Mods that I will try to be nice. But you make it awfully Hard. Id say your just a troublemaker. So, as to my thread, has your gas gone up, or is just this province OH Great Know it-All.

you aint the only one thats sick of his useless posts :angel:

It was 0.78 here this morning.

Over the past few years I've budgeted about $50/fillup (50 litres), so I always compare the price to $1/litre. If it's 0.80 than it'll cost me about $40 to fill up 50 litres, compared to $50 @ $1/litre. So I like to imagine I'm saving $10/fillup. At 0.70 I was saving $15/fillup according to my budget.

I'm so sick of hearing gas price talk that I just say anything under $1 and I'm happy.

Guest lundboy

As I stated before, oil prices will continue to hover around $50/barrel for the next 6 months to a year to break OPEC and Russia.

Gas prices have very little to do with oil prices these days. Gas is purely based on the taxes applied, greed and false scarcity excuses such as:

-Continuing Senseless GENOCIDE in the mid east

-Trucks can't deliver too much snow

-refinery fires/mechanical failures

-strikes

-political meddling

-the phase of the moon

It's just the way it is, get used to it because it's only going to get worse.

Edited by lundboy

Guest lundboy
Yo ch312, misery loves company ,eh?

Y'all think you got problems?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_TXyAEpCjKRE/RoVXMK_Z...WOUNDED-SON.jpg

Ask the war-mongers why gas prices are up?

How many lives does it cost per day to fill-up your SUV??

Hypocrites.. :blahblah1:

True to the censorship in place in the general media including Google and Youtube, your link is broke already.

Personally I'm tired of people whining about the gas prices. There is nothing you can do about them. Many factors control prices. Quit whining and walk or take public transit, or boycott. Having said that here are some tips:

Here are some tricks to get more of your money's worth for every liter....

Only fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening....your liter is not exactly a liter. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline product plays an important role.

A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode. If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3) stages: low, middle, and high. In slow mode you should be pumping on low speed, thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping... All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some other liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF FULL or HALF EMPTY. The reason for this is, the more gas you have in your tank the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation, unlike service stations.

Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up!! Most likely the gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom. Hope this will help you get the most value for your money.

It was 0.78 here this morning.

Over the past few years I've budgeted about $50/fillup (50 litres), so I always compare the price to $1/litre. If it's 0.80 than it'll cost me about $40 to fill up 50 litres, compared to $50 @ $1/litre. So I like to imagine I'm saving $10/fillup. At 0.70 I was saving $15/fillup according to my budget.

I'm so sick of hearing gas price talk that I just say anything under $1 and I'm happy.

You have been nicely conditioned.

"Ya, technically I'm still getting raped, but it could be much worse, so I'm happy. Hell, I'm actually saving money!"

No insult to you, because that's the way most of us think now after the ridiculous gas prices of last summer. They figure we should be happy with gas prices so low and just take it in the rectum. :rolleyes:

Personally I'm tired of people whining about the gas prices. There is nothing you can do about them. Many factors control prices. Quit whining and walk or take public transit, or boycott.

Well, politicians up for re-election sometimes listen to the whiners.

Good tips though, a couple of those I didn't know, especially the tip about pumping slowly. Thanks!

You have been nicely conditioned.

"Ya, technically I'm still getting raped, but it could be much worse, so I'm happy. Hell, I'm actually saving money!"

No insult to you, because that's the way most of us think now after the ridiculous gas prices of last summer. They figure we should be happy with gas prices so low and just take it in the rectum. :rolleyes:

Yep yep... but the bottom line is there is nothing we can do unless we make changes in our own transportation; such as purchase a hybrid, ride a bike, car pool, take public transportation, etc. We have no control of how much money gas is going to cost (Aside from perhaps the tips above) so why stress about it so much? Set a budget and live with it.

I set my budget at $50/fillup as I can afford that. Week to week prices change and I don't think people need to have a fit over a 10 cent hike.

If people want to cry, they should whine about about paying $2+/litre for milk.

Edited by Governator

If people want to cry, they should whine about about paying $2+/litre for milk.

Funny you should mention that. Milk was $.49 a litre here last week. Bought 20 and put them in the freezer.

However, you are quite right about changing habits and practices. Yes, I have been known to hoard extra gas when it is a few cents cheaper than usual.

I shortened my day trips considerably when gas pushed $1.40, and only made longer trips when I could make sure I got 2 or more days of fishing in. Less impulse travel.

I got a good schooling on getting cheap from the old timers who lived the depression. Did not need it when things were booming, but I think we will need those lessons now.