Jethro's Detective Agency NF

Clampet

One of the most recent notorious Outboard motor and fishing tackle thieves in Ontario is a man known as "Outboard Larry Pullstart". Pullstart stole more outboard motors than any other thief in the history of Canada. He was able to avoid getting caught because he was always careful.

Then one day Outboard Larry's luck ran out.

Several factors could be attributed to Outboard's bad luck that day.

The first was that a shore angler in the area of the outboard motor theft, which Outboard Larry was committing, happened to be taking photographs of the scenery and the license plate of the truck Pullstart was driving, later turned up in several of his snapshots, along with the outboards apparently being stolen.

The second factor was that the angler happened to later show the photo to his brother, a police officer in the Toronto police force. The same officer was aware of a certain large marina that had sustained a loss of several outboard motors on the very same day his shore angling brother had taken the photos.

The reason he had remembered the date was because it was his birthday - and the same day he happened to see Outboard Larry Pullstart driving a truckload of motors in another part of Toronto. He also remembered the license plate for a particular reason...the police officer's name was Jethro Randolph Bodeen, badge number 341, the license plate number was JRB 341.

A warrant was issued for Pullstart's arrest but, he seemed to have disappeared into thin air.

A description was e-mailed across Canada: male, white, 68 years, 225 lbs, grey hair, brown eyes, wears a baseball cap.

A few weeks later, Jethro happened to spot a man fitting the description in downtown Ottawa.

"We are looking fer a man who fit yer description for theft of Outboard motors in the Toronto area", said Jethro as he walked towards the man.

"Can't be me," replied the dude, " I've never been to Toronto. I'm from California. As a matter of fact, I personally know, John Wayne and his parents. I used to mow Mr and Mrs Wayne's lawn for 10 cents when I was just a kid."

"I don't beleive yer from California at all", said Jethro.

Why did Jethro say that?

Edited by Clamp-it

Outboard is 53 years old so he was Born in 1956

John wayne would have been 49 years old when outboard was born...

Unfortunatly His father Clyde Morrison Died in 1937 and his mother Mary before him in 1930

Tough to know someones parents who died before he was even born.

The Wayne's lived on a RANCH hence no lawn to water, and to pay a kid $10 to water back then I do not think so.

FLEX - John

C'mon now, those Ranches are like mansions... lawns, swimming pools, heck some have their own Art Galleries.

Keep trying.

Unfortunatly His father Clyde Morrison Died in 1937 and his mother Mary before him in 1930

Read it again.

BigJ2.jpg

QUOTE(Cookslav @ Jan 6 2009, 03:22 PM) *

Read it again.

I assume the age is not important to the riddle being you changed outboards age from 53 to 68...which is Still not old enough as that puts his birth at 1941 LOL!

In 2006, $10.00 from 1940 is worth:

$143.69 using the Consumer Price Index

$118.99 using the GDP deflator

$297.65 using the value of consumer bundle

$294.80 using the unskilled wage

$573.52 using the nominal GDP per capita

$1,299.64 using the relative share of GDP

Also the fact that Wayne wasn`t their family name. Ibelieve it was morrison or something.

Also, as someone else poinjted out his father died before this guy would have been born (unless this is an old story)

In 2006, $10.00 from 1940 is worth:

$143.69 using the Consumer Price Index

$118.99 using the GDP deflator

$297.65 using the value of consumer bundle

$294.80 using the unskilled wage

$573.52 using the nominal GDP per capita

$1,299.64 using the relative share of GDP

Also the fact that Wayne wasn`t their family name. Ibelieve it was morrison or something.

Also, as someone else poinjted out his father died before this guy would have been born (unless this is an old story)

Ok, Ok it's a technicality.

I'll fix the story so that the guy made 10 cents to mow his lawn.

Does that make it better for you.

Pass that Dutchie from the left hand side.

By times, I am pretty good at this sort of thing, but drawing a blank right now.

I think that Jed is changing the mechanics of the story as we go along, and pretty soon there won't be much left. Next we gotta change the license plate stuff.

THey obviously weren't California plates....but more importantly, California wasn't a state back when he claimed to be mowing the lawns down there. :blink:

Became a US state in the early to mid 1800's.

Maybe he was wearing a Toronto Maple Leafs baseball hat?

Jwayne.com concures Terry! Jed... what's goin on?

But the Wayne saga actually started much farther east, in the small town of Winterset, Iowa, where he was born May 26, 1907, and was named Marion Michael Morrison.

His father, Clyde L. Morrison, had a drugstore, but when Marion was 6 years old, his father, because of ill health, moved the family to Southern California and became a homesteader with an 80-acre farm. Not long after, the family settled in Glendale, where Mr. Morrison again went and opened a pharmacy.