Still boggels my mind

mbac31

I dont understand. I go ice fishing and what do I always see on the ice. Garbage. Boxes from minnows. Coffee cups. Cigarette butts and so on. I dont understand when are people gonna learn. Fishing is getting tough with many more people on the ice. Pollution, lack of MNR (Government stocking and support) and this does not help it any. For the people who continue to do this. Take a bag and keep your crap off the ice and out of our lakes. I think they should take away the Fishing priveleges of fishermen who leave garbage behind.

\Just my 2 cents

Don't forget the various alcohol beverage containers. This one I don't understand.. pack them up for no other reason than they are worth money to buy more booze! lol

Yeah, it gets pretty sick out there. Don't see it so much on the ponds but when I fish the bay there's garbage of all sorts everywhere. The worst ones are the ones that put their stuff in a big green garbage bag and leave the bag out on the ice for someone else (me) to bring in!

Edited by Rich

If I see some one leaving garbage on the ice I make them pick it up...

Last season I saw some one take a number :asshat: behind my hutt using it as a wind break and something to lean on.

I was fishing away from my hutt by the time I got over there I was so mad I made him pick it up and carry it away with his mitts.

Sometimes being embarrased by the group of guys watching makes people have a little more respect for the enviorment and others...

good luck and tight lines every one :canadian:

Thats where the term '' Weekend Warrior '' comes from

One of the worst things you can leave on the ice or softwater is Cigarette Butts ... :wallbash::wallbash:

Its dirty and a lack of respect for the enviroment .

I've heard that the Salmon feast on these cigarette butts when the ice melts... hence the term "Smoked Salmon"!

smalliefisher Posted Yesterday, 05:58 PM

I dont understand. I go ice fishing and what do I always see on the ice. Garbage. Boxes from minnows. Coffee cups. Cigarette butts and so on. I dont understand when are people gonna learn. Fishing is getting tough with many more people on the ice. Pollution, lack of MNR (Government stocking and support) and this does not help it any. For the people who continue to do this. Take a bag and keep your crap off the ice and out of our lakes. I think they should take away the Fishing priveleges of fishermen who leave garbage behind.

\Just my 2 cents

Yeah yeah yeah... I read these posts every winter.

How much of this trash did you pick up?... If you left it laying, you're as bad as the ones that threw it down... or do you just like to squawk and batch about it???

Next time you're out on the ice, take some garbage bags with you and pick up the garbage and takes some pics of it and show us what a "Good Egg" you really are.

I know... you're going to tell us you picked it all up... but I think we'd all rather that you showed us instead of told us.

You could start a "Trash Pick Up" thread and have everybody post pics of the trash they picked up off the ice! :thumbsup_anim:

Maybe the mods might even make a sticky out of it.

Edited by GCD

I hear you smallie. On Panache in Sudbury you get the Timmie's cups placed in the cardboard holders left on the ice. These people where using trucks so they had lots of room to take out their garbage. And GCD there is a big differnce between littering and not picking up other people's garbage. It never hurts to give stupid people reminders.

And GCD there is a big differnce between littering and not picking up other people's garbage. It never hurts to give stupid people reminders.

If you're not part of the solution... you're part of the problem!!! :angry:

I see several of these squawk posts every winter and evidently they've had no effect, picking up the trash would be a much better solution to the problem in my opinion.

If you're going to batch about something, batch about having to pick up the trash!

Take a pic of the dirty littered area, then one of it cleaned up and of the trash you collected.

You'll sleep much better at night knowing you did good, instead of just letting the garbage lay there.

Plus! you'll get to turn your Bobcat pin rightside up!!!

Edited by GCD

I was fishing away from my hutt by the time I got over there I was so mad I made him pick it up and carry it away with his mitts.

That's priceless.... lol...

If I see some one leaving garbage on the ice I make them pick it up...

Last season I saw some one take a number :asshat: behind my hutt using it as a wind break and something to lean on.

Do you take your "yellow ice" with you when you leave?

To a degree I get the Dawg's point. Here on the board, when we complain about the losers out there, we are preaching to the converted. The posts here won't change the behaviour of those losers. I'd be embarassed if I had been caught leaving my crap lying around. These people don"t care.

It does far more good to carry around the extra bag to bring some extra back out. A positve result.

Every spring on cottage opener, I pick up at least one bag of garbage (sometimes two) from our shoreline left over from our fine ice fishing friends. One year, someone didn't bother to bring his dog home. That was pleasant.

Anyway, per GCD, I'll send pix come April.

I'd be embarassed if I had been caught leaving my crap lying around. These people don"t care.

Yeah -- like that guy outside CodeRed's hut....literally! :stretcher:

I have to say that I don't see a lot of garbage in the areas I fish the most...but then again, they are not very popular spots, so I get GCD's point...abrasive as the ol' coot may sound. :whistling: There is definitely room on my sled for a garbage bag, so I'll bring one from now on, to clean up after the less thoughtful people.

To a degree I get the Dawg's point. Here on the board, when we complain about the losers out there, we are preaching to the converted. The posts here won't change the behaviour of those losers. I'd be embarassed if I had been caught leaving my crap lying around. These people don"t care.

It does far more good to carry around the extra bag to bring some extra back out. A positve result.

That's the one!!!

I do find these kind of posts kinda irritating, it's like... what?

1. OFC is the meeting place of all the litterbugs and they come here to secretly discuss where they're going to dump the next load of garbage?

or

2. All OFC members are the trashy swine that're screwin' the place up?

or maybe the ultimate plan is to shame all the lurkers that aren't even brave enough to join this site into picking up the trash?

Don't squawk about it... do something about it!

Then you have earned the right to squawk!!!

Edited by GCD

Couldn't agree with you guys more. There are a lot of pigs that are ruining or lakes and streams by continuing to pollute or waters with garbage. I usually confront litter bugs face to face if I see it going on.

You obviously can't preach to those losers, because they are probably not even on this fantastic site.

Keep our waters clean. :Gonefishing:

Edited by diggyj

Thats where the term '' Weekend Warrior '' comes from

One of the worst things you can leave on the ice or softwater is Cigarette Butts ... :wallbash::wallbash:

Its dirty and a lack of respect for the enviroment .

this is one of the best exemples.... a litle butt seems harmless BUT. is the worst thing you could do!

it takes HOW many years for ONE SINGLE cigarette BUTT to biodegrate???

Thats only IF it has time to.Trout will eat them first OF ALL!! <_< as mentionned by (GCD)

your out enjoing fishing but realy your killing fish by the hundrends.....

SHAME ON YOU......

SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEE.

HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAMMMMMMMMMMEEE! :ph34r:

I do actually pick this crap up. I dont need to post pictures of how much. I was not refering to board members. Most guys that I have met on here have been very nice with the couple of exceptions from this past fall. Does not matter how many times this so called crap gets posted. If it reaches just one of these idiots then it has worked for me. I have seen worse posts on here non fishing related.

I grew up respecting the enviorment. First thing my dad taught me. I love going back home where you will be hard presses to find garbage in the water or bush. Like finding a needle in a haystack.

GCD

I'm sending you a nice big box of Canadian Cheerios. :D

smalliefisher Posted Today, 07:18 PM

I do actually pick this crap up. I dont need to post pictures of how much.

GCD

I'm sending you a nice big box of Canadian Cheerios.

Of course you do and don't... or is it the other way around?

I love going back home where you will be hard presses to find garbage in the water or bush. Like finding a needle in a haystack.

GCD

I'm sending you a nice big box of Canadian Cheerios. :D

Oh! you must mean way out in the bush like in this thread?... notice the frog pic!

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...amp;hl=cochrane

Edited by GCD

Personally

1 i think this post should hit the forum every year ( hats off to smalliefisher for posting ) even if some that have been here for many years dont approve

2 Thanks GDC for not approving....

Although I'm new to this Forum i can see how reading the same thing year in and year out can get a bit monotonous with out the total solution ever being achieved but by debating the issue as you gentlemen have been ......it IS drawing attention from other members ( new and old) with a dramatic twist to it ( which is a good thing) cuz possibly ....when a party is sitting in their hut and the fishing is slow ...the drama of this thread might be brought up in conversation after BillyRayJayBob chucks his beer can down a hole after butting his last cigarette out in a tim hortons cup....it just may hit someone's sub-conscience in that party to do the right thing...we can only hope ......so i say ...debate the issue well into may so the weekend warriors that come up here for rainbow opener might be a little wiser with their litter....

The biggest thing i picked up was 13 miles out off the Bruce power plant .....an 8 foot PT fence post with 20 yards of high tensile wire fence still attached...it wasnt easy to get on my boat by myself but i did it ......imagine hitting that with a boat at any speed in the dark ...waaaaay out there !!!!

The frog pic was ruined because of the litter

Just my 2 cents (CAD)

it's only getting worse . the influx of new inducties into the realm of being a true canadian hasn't done the eco any good to say the least. it's a repeat of the beginning of the 20th century. " let's go see and experience the wonder of the great wild , outdoors. " or

" oh leave the trash , someones's getting paid to pick that up" . now it seems those who can't afford the energy to pull up their pants to hide their ass-crack share the same lack of drive to remove the trash they discard.

it's become very clear ,it's a ME ,,NOW,generation.

no perfect parents out there , myself included , but my teenaged daughter is very aware that litter and eco-ignorance is no longer working .

Edited by waterwolf