What special boxing deal did you get?

okumasheffield

One buddy and I got to Basspro @ 7:00am today and we were the 6th and 7th person in the line-up

under the impression there wont be crowds @ BPS

Well, we were so wrong that there were hundreds of people lining up by 7:40am!

As soon as the door opened, we went straight to Flyshop to pick up three Simms L2s for $150/each ($299 original)

(we have already tried the fit and size before 24th). The clerk at the flyshop counter was

joking about us being crazy until this guy came over to pick up 5 of them without hestitations ...

WOW, and he asked the clerk to carry another 5 for him to check-out ... Guess he bought them

for all his friends or he is in for serious businese!

People we have talked to while lining up mostly went for huntings stuff

wonder what other boxing day deals you guys have picked up?

We usually hit the stores but today we did not go out today well unless ya call a box of Tim bits going out.

I have been shopping on line for a flasher or other unit like the huminbird 383c portable or who knows what all I know is I have been driving myself nuts with all this looking time to buy now

I was at Bass pro at around 8:40ish. I must say most 'deals' they had were not really deals. Mind you I went into the hunting area. Was going to buy Snow camo but passed on it. As soon as i put down the Excalibur Phoenix it was gone. Had $150 gift card I was going to use for it.

Walked out with nothing. I was shocked. The drive home it was like a blizzard, Saw 3 cars in the ditch.

Before we left for BPS The girlfriend and I went to Wal-mart. and I walked out with nothing. The Blu-Ray selection stunk.

So far nothing in my favour :wallbash:

Edited by Mattones

I got to do what you're supposed to do on Boxing Day.... slept in 'till 11am ! lol

I got to go to work,then head home to make another boiled dinner for the parents and sis,s family.

Thats enough salt intake for me for the next 6 months.LOL

Hey Bro,nice score.

The family is out digging elbows at the mall while I prepare another Christmas feast for this evening. I've got more fishing stuff than I can use, or carry, already.

This evening's menu includes the following, but not exclusively:

Turkey and fixins, whipped potato, turnip casserole, sweet potato casserole, glazed carrots, corn, fresh baked rolls, and trifle for dessert. All washed down with 4 different local Niagara wines.

I have a 2 page list, kinda like a gift to me, but nothing I want from Bass Pro is on sale. So, this morning I woke up at 10am, went to get gas at 66cent, looked over at the Bass Pro parking Lot, and said "HELL NO!!!". I hate boxing day around here, with the mall and all.

Happy Holiday's

Daniel

The Simms wader is a good deal at BP for $150. I got home, searched online and they are going for around $250US on average. For those of you that froze your a$$ waiting outside for the store to open, next time wait at their mall entrance where it is nice and warm. They actually opened the mall entrance before they opened their front entrance today.

I got a pretty good tripod for $45......

and just my 2 cents.....Vaughan Mills Mall is the biggest pain in the ass in the world....doing calls in there today was like pushing your way through a japanese bullet train during rush hour. The worst part is that It took me 15 minutes with lights and sirens on to get out of the parking lot to get to a dying baby.... sad and people were calling us complaining that their tax dollars aren't being used properly because they can't get out of a parking lot fast enough....

I got a pretty good tripod for $45......

and just my 2 cents.....Vaughan Mills Mall is the biggest pain in the ass in the world....doing calls in there today was like pushing your way through a japanese bullet train during rush hour. The worst part is that It took me 15 minutes with lights and sirens on to get out of the parking lot to get to a dying baby.... sad and people were calling us complaining that their tax dollars aren't being used properly because they can't get out of a parking lot fast enough....

Mind if i ask what you do?lol

Scored myself a brand new St. Croix 7 foot medium light for 70 bucks, no tax. Good luck finding a retailer that can beat the OFC classifieds, boxing day or any other! No line up either. Considered hitting Bass pro for all of a half second for a reel before deciding to wait; after all, Spring is a good 3 monthes off and I also found Basspro's specials a bit lacking. Anyone know when they have their trade a reel in day kind of thing?

There were no good fishing stuff deals other than the L2 Simms.

Decided to stick around after holding tight onto my purchase and could not

find anything else to spend money on.

The entrance to Vaughan Mills Mall is definitely a much more comfortable place for lining up ..

However, my buddy told me it is further away from the flyshop .. based on his estimation .. haha

Lets see if Simms wading boots will ever be on sale ...