Seaons Greetings

JohnF

Merry Christmas y'all, and the very best to you in the coming year.

I'm off to Mexico for a little beach therapy shortly, but I'll have my laptop at hand (with a Modelo Negra in the other hand).

Thanks for a great 2008.

JF

Merry Christmas John!!! :santa:

Be careful down there in Mexico!!!... I've heard the have fish down there! :Gonefishing:;)

They definitely have fish. I've dived with 'em. And we make a pretty good dent in the Grouper and Shrimp population while we're there. They have lotsa great ways to prepare them.

Merry Christmas

JF

Hmmm, Mexico Beach Therapy! Atlantic or Pacific? Cancun has some great snorkelling near Cozumel and Isla Muheres. Dos cervezas et dos towellas, por favor.

Cancun it is, south end of the Hotel Zone beach out towards the airport. When I feel the need of a little fishwatching I jump on a dive boat heading out near Isla Mujeres and commune with the pretty fishies for a few hours. When we wanna see bigger fishies we get on the bus to Coz. For the best diving though, the cenotes are pretty hard to beat.

This is the windy season in Cancun so deep sea fishing is an exercise in nausea control. Besides, I have yet to get caught up in the joys of longlining. I like chucking bait. There's a few hardcore types casting on the beach but generally they don't catch anything. I think there's better fishing in the mangroves at the south end of the lagoon (by the road from the airport) but I've never checked it out, and not just because I've seen the crocs prowling the lagoon. I'm not really sure I wanna share a shoreline with 'em but I may work up my courage this year. :rolleyes:

JF

Ya. What was I thinking. Deep 6 the puter.

I generally don't pay it much attention, but this year I have a brand new office just opened and I want to keep tabs on what's happening there. I won't be on the computer much unless we get a rainy day.

JF