Salma Baits US vs Canada

musky_man

This is something that really bothers me and it seems very unfair. I have several Salmo baits but twice the lips have fallen off on 2 of the musky models (clearly defective). In the US, you just ship them back and you get them replaced. I wrote the Salmo people here and not even the courtesy of a reply.

How can a company have 2 different policies re replacing their busted baits, in 2 countries that are so close.

Anyone have any thoughts? I wonder if we collectively wrote them if they would change the policy. This is discrimination as far as I am concerned. I won't buy anymore of their baits until their policy changes.

I don't often rant but unfairness really ticks me off ... and yea, I know, the world is not a fair place ... but maybe that's because we allow it to be that way.

I hear ya Mark. Salmo is not the be all end all in baits. It's relatively easy to show them how unfair the world really is. Just don't buy and when this thread reaches 1,000 (which it will do), send it to everyone at salmo.

They MAY have a good reason for their shortcomings but ignoring customers (and prospective customers) is not the way to increase sales and consumer loyalty.

that does suck, they will not get any of my money

I have just got into muskie and have started buying baits.....muskie stuff is not cheap, well maybe some are cheap, let say not inexpensive

so I will not throw money away for baits that they don`t stand behind

I'm with Cram post on Musky Hunter as Jim Saric uses the Salmo stickbait (great show BTW). It could be that Canada is served by an agent, like Loomis used to be, and because of this the agent sets the return rules. It is still a bad policy but agents are frequently small, under capitalized operations. Snidley

I got into musky fishing last year and have bought several different baits. I just wanted a couple more for next year and some Salmo baits were on my list, (skinner's in particular), but after reading this I will hold off on getting them.

There's nothing worse than having a bait fail on you, especially one that costs a fair bit. I bought a Lucky Craft live pointer a couple years ago and the bait never worked properly. I just took off the hooks and split rings and put them on another lure. $25 for two split rings and two treble hooks seems rather expensive to me. :dunno: Haven't looked at another Lucky Craft since.

I would like to say sorry for all this situations. By the way I inform that the same warranty as for US is existing for Canada also. I hope that all problems and request will be solve soon. At the moment we are talking with our Canadian distributor, who told us that he did not get any e-mail with information about this problem. I would like to ask about some details when it have been sent and on what e-mail address? It will help me to find out what was wrong.

I would like to ensure everybody that Salmo always think about every single angler. Every single opinion, this good and bad are very important for us and allow us to progress. Any single request should be solve. If you have any problems with Salmo lures and if there are local problems with our service don’t hesitate to contact our HQ in Poland on e-mail: [email protected]

For sure we will help to solve it.

Best Regards

SALMO Sp. z o.o.

11-036 Gietrzwald 105 D

Poland

www.salmo.com.pl

HI,

I will certainly keep you all posted. I believe that most companies want to do the right thing -- just have to be able to get to the right people.

Wayne -- the Salmo people posted the same message on the Muskey Hunter Board too -- I am not sure which board triggered the response, but in the end it does not matter. I will post the outcome there as well.

I have written them with the details -- so, just have to wait to see what happens.

Cheers and best in 2009 to all.

Mark