Carrying my Gear

ciceri

Ok, so last year i had no problem taking my stuff ice fishing, i would put my rods in my backpack, same with the scoop along with the minnows in a cylinder shaped cooler thing. And then my dad would put the auger on his sled, which was a indy touring at the time. But now he upgraded to a 09 mxz etec, and i doubt he will put my auger on his new sled, and well, theres really nowhere to put it.

My question is, how can i carry my auger on my sled?

heres a pics of my sled so you get an idea.

PB230061.jpg

PICT0195.jpg

Edited by Ciceri

Pull a trailing boggan with your chairs, gear, lunch and tackle, tie it all down with bungee cords. You will prolly need a rigid tow coupling, so that your gear doesn't get wild ideas about passing you on the downslopes or stops.

Get a cheap backrest at CTC or Kijiji.. and get a welder to modify it .. or just get a welder to make

one.. draw up some plans..use the PAINT program on the computer to Imagine one.

I personally would get a couple brackets made of 3/16 plate bolted to the tunnel...but easy enough to take off for riding. Design the brackets to hold an auger and your pack..spare gas and such.

Look for an old fourwheeler rack ??

Or you can try this..

Good Luck be Safe on the Hard Water

RFS :canadian:

Pull a trailing boggan with your chairs, gear, lunch and tackle, tie it all down with bungee cords. You will prolly need a rigid tow coupling, so that your gear doesn't get wild ideas about passing you on the downslopes or stops.

You will definitely need a rigid bar to tow anything as it is a law now. Try a Jet Sled. The one I picked up is 52"x30"x10". Holds all my gear with room to spare.

PB

Buy a nice flipover portable shelter!!! Not only will you be warm, but you will have a nice boggan to put all yer stuff in!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Or do what I did. Made a box that is held on with pins and can be removed in under a minute with no tools!!!

I have room for all my gear and it is held in with a couple of cam straps. I'll take a pic with all my stuff in this weekend. I also built the box so my dogs crate can be strapped in the box so he can come along for the ride. If the dog comes I have a large boggan to haul my gear. With the dog and boggan I look like Jed movin' to Beverly though!! :lol:

sled.jpg

Here's a shot with the kennel attached. The things we do for our pets!!! :rolleyes:

DogBox.jpg

some nice set ups here, id go for one on a different sled, but this sled i rip hard and most that stuff would be history.

I use a folding manual auger, so maybe i can strap it onto my back bumper some how.

I think im going fishing this weekend, so i'll take a picture if i can get it figured out.

just a quick outline on paint but u can see where there are two black squares on the tunnell are at the back with my sled i drilled holes in these two spots so i can put the auger handle on the running board and the spiraled part of the auger out the back i also use a hand auger will never catch me with a gas jobby lol but use a small bungee to strap spiral part to back of sled it leaves two small clean looking holes in tunnell and when out jumping and running water and doing all the crazy stuff u have nothing attached to the sled like a box or a bracket of any sort. and the reason for no power auger is because i run 10-20 miles into little lakes to fish speckle trout and dont trust them always starting i also carry a thread together 3 pice chisle under the hood at all times just in case as well. good luck with w/e u decide to do

ciceri.jpg

alright, i took these plastic foot holder things off this summer, and theres actually 3 holes back there now.

you ride a ski-doo i hope? haha.

HAHAHAHA i ride a 1987 skidoo citation starts 1st pull with 2 primes!!!! everytime only 45 MPH sled but dependable light and has as much experience as me!

HAHAHAHA i ride a 1987 skidoo citation starts 1st pull with 2 primes!!!! everytime only 45 MPH sled but dependable light and has as much experience as me!

right on man, nothing wrong with that.

i still like to bomb around on our Citation, 1983 4500

citation.jpg

A trailer is in order. Here is a photo of one I'm in the process of building. Its almost complete. I'll be adding plywood to the floor and front panel, as well.

There is a Royal Distributing in Guelph, too. My buddy also bought the same Kimpex spring loaded hitch that I got from Royal at Canadian Tire in Kingston. I assume CTC must have it at all their stores.

Trailer.jpg

Edited by boatman

Royal Distributing at Innisfil Beach and 400.. or make your own like I did from a gate hinge.

haha, i spend enough money there as it is.

I may get some kind of portable hut though, my dad doesnt like the cold G-Bay wind, lol. Depending what kind i will see if i can get one with a tow bar, then just get a hitch.

A trailer is in order. Here is a photo of one I'm in the process of building. Its almost complete. I'll be adding plywood to the floor and front panel, as well.

There is a Royal Distributing in Guelph, too. My buddy also bought the same Kimpex spring loaded hitch that I got from Royal at Canadian Tire in Kingston. I assume CTC must have it at all their stores.

Thats a pretty cool sleigh, next time i am in CT i'll look around