Just watched Fishing Edge

Cudz

Does Lindner use some kind of a convex lens on his cameras because every fish on that show seems to be huge. Maybe it is just the way they hold the fish but I am always amazed at the size of the fish. They are good fishermen and it doesn't hurt having God on your side but seriously they seem to catch big fish all the time.

Yup, as far as I can remember he pioneered the stretched camera optical illusions. Most shows do it and you'll even see it here with the pics. That's why I always use either a Reel or something to give the size some relativity as I don't weigh them

Could a guide and editing 80 hrs of fishing into a 20 minute show have anything to do with it? :rolleyes:

well if it takes somebody like Linder 80 hours to shoot a show then they're doing something wrong because our average shoots are 2 to 5 hours with the odd day that goes sun - up to sun - down on a tough bite.... and if you do the math on a 13 episode shoot it'd take 130 days to shoot a season's worth of shows...which wouldn't be very cost effective at all! lol Being an editor myself, I sure wouldn't want to sift through 160hrs (2 camera angles) of footage for each episode. I doubt I'd have time to finish editing a season in time!

I'm just buggin' ya GCD - but either way, there's no denying that Linder know's his stuff, his show is of top notch production quality, as it should be with as many years that he's been in production, and I'm sure if we did a poll on OFC his show would be right up there in the rankings....

Cheers,

UF

well if it takes somebody like Linder 80 hours to shoot a show then they're doing something wrong because our average shoots are 2 to 5 hours with the odd day that goes sun - up to sun - down on a tough bite.... and if you do the math on a 13 episode shoot it'd take 130 days to shoot a season's worth of shows...which wouldn't be very cost effective at all! lol Being an editor myself, I sure wouldn't want to sift through 160hrs (2 camera angles) of footage for each episode. I doubt I'd have time to finish editing a season in time!

I'm just buggin' ya GCD - but either way, there's no denying that Linder know's his stuff, his show is of top notch production quality, as it should be with as many years that he's been in production, and I'm sure if we did a poll on OFC his show would be right up there in the rankings....

Cheers,

UF

:w00t: HA! I knew I could get a rise out of you Urby!!! ;)

... so when are we going to see the "We got Skunked" show???

... but how do they go from a blue shirt and khaki pants before the commercial and green shirt and blue jeans after the commercial... do they change in the boat??? :dunno:

I guess I have not seen as many different shows or maybe those are the olde tyme shows where the camera was not on for the full 12 hours of the day. From the few I have seen most are shot over a 1 day period or they explain that they are shooting over X number of days.

Speaking of Olde Tyme shows...just how old are you GCD?...are you refferring to Red Fisher?

forrest

Edited by forrest

My birth date is in my profile forrest....

I've seen this on several different shows, they bank on people not remembering after their mind has been polluted with the fishing propaganda that supports these shows. Make a mental note of the attire the next time you watch any fishin' show.

Al is the man. If anyone can outfish him and put on a show, go ahead. I am not a fan of his god stuff but that doesn't matter. He is a legend. I don't like it when people sit back on there couch and cut up the people who are out there doing it. Al has put a great show together for decades and now most recently with this one. He started in fisherman and has carved out a great living and quite a little legacy out of doing something that we all love. I am pretty sure if ya went up to lake of the woods with Al Lindner, Doug Stange, Gord Pyzer and Dick Pearson for a fishing trip those boys wouldn't have to change there clothes too often between fish.

Edited by Grimace

...i have no probelm at all with Al taking 20 seconds or so to share his faith

Agree.

I'm not a religious person but I don't tune out at that portion of the show.

It's very tastefully done, well thought out and performed with good intentions. I don't know why anyone would be offended by it.

In my opinion, one of the best fishing shows on air - and it should be given their budget!

Here's the camera and crew...

Deep%20Sea%203D%20crew.jpg

The camera boat...

Rail%20System%202.jpg

And the underwater team...

Team%20placing%20gear.jpg