NWO Ice Fishing meet up.

limeyangler

Hi Y'all.

I see all these great Lakair and other similar get togethers happening but they all seem to be way south of us up here. I would really like to arrange something like that for the NWO contingent of OFC, thats not to say all are not welcome :)

I have been in contact with around 4 members already from the area....1 definitely up for it, waiting replies from others, but if your interested please reply to this post so we can start the list and work on the where, who, when...lol why.....of it all.

There are some NWO members of an ice fishing forum i frequent already interested so we could have around 10 people already once yo include family, friends and pets...lol

Look forward to lots of replies hopefully, but even a few would be fun.

Thanks

Simon

Hmmmm, wonder if Wayne is busy, maybe we could all book a flight up :clapping:

Sounds like it would be a blast Simon. That's pretty dang far tho.

Joey

I bet the fishing would be great Joey! :Gonefishing:

On the other hand it's probably about the same distance to GCD's Southern home. :whistling:

How far would that be driving?

Just curious........I have 14 days off coming up. Hows the whitie fishing up there :)

Sinker

Hey Sinker,

its a good days drive if you try and do it in one haul...but i did that once....best to do it in 2 days.

I'm heading out on saturday for whities, i'll post a report. Will be doing a lot more whitie fishing after january as most of the whitie lakes are trout lakes...trout not open till Jan1st....just avoids any hassles and harm to fish out of season...as you will always get trout while fishing whities.

Hi Y'all.

I see all these great Lakair and other similar get togethers happening but they all seem to be way south of us up here. I would really like to arrange something like that for the NWO contingent of OFC, thats not to say all are not welcome :)

I have been in contact with around 4 members already from the area....1 definitely up for it, waiting replies from others, but if your interested please reply to this post so we can start the list and work on the where, who, when...lol why.....of it all.

There are some NWO members of an ice fishing forum i frequent already interested so we could have around 10 people already once yo include family, friends and pets...lol

Look forward to lots of replies hopefully, but even a few would be fun.

Thanks

Simon

Hey Simon, that sounds like a good idea but for me it's a long drive to go up there. Just did a quick search in Google maps and Dryden is 1799Km's from Gatineau and would take roughly 22 hours to drive out :w00t:

I don't think I'll be joining this year :(

Jacques

I'm in for sure...as long as were fishin whities or trout.... :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

l have thought about this for a while as well. Glad you got the ball rollin' Simon.

It's gonna be hard pickin a lake that is central but I am sure it will come tougether.

Keep me informed and if you need any assistance just let me know.

brkygetr

If I still lived in Sudbury that would be alot more doable but dang that sure is a far drive for a weekend LOL.

Hey Buster what do ya say to a good O'l road trip dang would be fun to do it all over again where did them days of Friday night pick a place and just go and not worry about how or when yer getting back.

Ya know Simon... Lakair was awesome... for the nightlife!!

I wanna catch me some eaters. My father and I would love to come up.

What dates did you have in mind?

HD

GCDawg?!! Where you is brotha?!

Wow! Awesome Highdrifter. Would be great to ge ya ya up here.

The whole thing is early days yet.....watch this space and i'll update regularly...would like to go before february though, might be a March long weekend though to accomodate those who arent local though...who knows...we'll get a few more in numbers nd go from there.

I'm in for sure...as long as were fishin whities or trout....

l have thought about this for a while as well. Glad you got the ball rollin' Simon.

It's gonna be hard pickin a lake that is central but I am sure it will come tougether.

Keep me informed and if you need any assistance just let me know.

Hey Dale, did i PM you...sorry if i didn't, you were definitely on the list , couldn't imagine you'd pass this up, great to have ya onboard! :thumbsup_anim:

Wow! Awesome Highdrifter. Would be great to ge ya ya up here.

The whole thing is early days yet.....watch this space and i'll update regularly...would like to go before february though, might be a March long weekend though to accomodate those who arent local though

Ahh gotcha. That would make for an interesting g2g.. Looks like you know the lakes well.. But I'm thinking more of an opener or after opener kinda thing..

Dryden is a bit north for a vacation in February.. Somewhere south is called for when the temperature dips and my coco becomes a solid lump in my thermos . Like the mediterranean!!

cheers

HD

Hey Simon...are you thinking a weekend deal where all who attend stay in one location or just a day event??? Just wondering as that would increase the oppertunities for different species and different lakes. I know there are lots o' camps, within reach of various lakes/species, that could accommodate a gathering of cold, hungry, thirsty fisher-people.

Ahh gotcha. That would make for an interesting g2g.. Looks like you know the lakes well.. But I'm thinking more of an opener or after opener kinda thing..

Dryden is a bit north for a vacation in February.. Somewhere south is called for when the temperature dips and my coco becomes a solid lump in my thermos . Like the mediterranean!!

cheers

HD

Aaaaah...gotcha too HD, was kinda wonderin' about a trip all the way for a days fishing, but yeah...an opener up here would be fun, Joey jokingly suggested it, could be one for the future me thinks.....we are on 9 acres here by the lake...so plenty of room for campers/tents!!!!

Hold that thought HD!!!

Hey Simon...are you thinking a weekend deal where all who attend stay in one location or just a day event??? Just wondering as that would increase the oppertunities for different species and different lakes. I know there are lots o' camps, within reach of various lakes/species, that could accommodate a gathering of cold, hungry, thirsty fisher-people.

Hey Dale,

Your thinking exactly the same thing i was just 10 minutes ago...your way ahead of me! a weekend would be great hey...like you said more species could be covered.

I was thinking of letting this recruitment/sign up thread run until start of next week, then go with how many we have then , see where the majority are located/ do a vote for species preferred/ something like that to determine how this meet up will take place etc. Of course anyone can still sign up to come along after next week, but i think by then most of the NWO Members would be signed up...there's not that many of us it seems:unsure: :dunno:

sound good?

please wade in with all suggestions as we go though, i'm gonna need help workin this all out.

Cheers

Simon.

Edited by limeyangler

Aaaaah...gotcha too HD, was kinda wonderin' about a trip all the way for a days fishing, but yeah...an opener up here would be fun, Joey jokingly suggested it, could be one for the future me thinks.....we are on 9 acres here by the lake...so plenty of room for campers/tents!!!!

Hold that thought HD!!!

Will do Brah. Keep us in the loop!!