Snowmobiles on the ice

Greencoachdog

Depends if your fishing go with the floater if your sledding go with a good snowmobile suit.

I have a Riema Goretex suit and I wouldnt trade it for anything. -30 across the lake at 100 mph and I am toasty warm. Floaters get hard with limited movement in the winter also.

just my opinion

Bryan

One or the other wouldn't make a difference ....your going to the bottom anyways -_--_-

Watch the video!

F7Firecat Posted Yesterday, 09:33 PM

Depends if your fishing go with the floater if your sledding go with a good snowmobile suit.

I have a Riema Goretex suit and I wouldnt trade it for anything. -30 across the lake at 100 mph and I am toasty warm. Floaters get hard with limited movement in the winter also.

just my opinion

Bryan

Yeah, that pretty little sled suit of yours will make a nice anchor to drag you to the bottom when it fills with water and before your body even reaches hypothermic conditions should you ever happen to go thru the ice too!

If you're taking your machine on the ice you need to wear a flotation suit!!!

Not that I really care one way or the other...

I just like to remind y'all of the horrible death y'all face when you do stupid stuff on the ice.

Edited by Spiel

and why do you find it hilarious when they go 100 mph?????

im sure fisherman if you had a sled you would be puttin along at 1mph???

It's the ones that are oblivious or simply don't care about the dangers of not seeing huge pressure cracks or other bumps and lumps and get launched into the air, drive with expectations that you want to come home, not end up like humpty dumpty..and no I don't putt along, I keep it at the speed that I can see stuff comin at me. We hear of those Darwin awards every winter, want to be a statistic, fell free.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHACK BOINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG splat.

Soundtrack to a snowmobiler smacking a pressure crack at 100 mph. Its not a pretty sight.

Sleds are awesome machines, and its hard not to let them rip at top throttle, but do it when you are somewhere you know is completely safe if you must. A lake probably isnt the best place, because a pressure crack can appear in a spot where is wasnt a couple days earlier.

The Mustang Ice Rider 2 peice suit is just as comfy and warm as any regular sleddin suit.

a little pricey, but nice insurance.

I've worn out 2 suits now, only went in the water once.

that was actually down at Quinte in November. From a boat - no ice.

They make great spring/fall fishing suits as well as winter. Better than lots of clothes and a bulky life jacket.

Just got to try an keep the Walleye Poo off them, so ya look good sleddin.

The Mustang do not stiffen up in cold like some others, or their older versions.

GCD,

Pretty hard to go under doing 120 mph across the lake. Thats why I dont need a floater suit.

I gave up ice fishing long ago, not my style..............boring actually.

So you take your floater suit and go freeze your ass off looking for a some little perch, I'll be sure to suit up in my goretex and fly by you at 120mph and creat some wind chill for you in your cardboard floater suit. LOL

And before the good ole boys from OFC gang up and cut me up Im outta here at 120 mph

Bring it on boyz!!

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

How do you possibly figger your going to the bottom while wearing a floatation suit? I always thought that was the whole idea there.

Never heard of a case were a snowmobiler was rescued..... Hours , Days , later from wearing a floatation suit after crashing through the ice. Usually they crash through the ice when there the only ones out on early ice ,No one else around anyways ...Ya know what i'm saying Ehhhhhh.

GCD,

Pretty hard to go under doing 120 mph across the lake. Thats why I dont need a floater suit.

I gave up ice fishing long ago, not my style..............boring actually.

So you take your floater suit and go freeze your ass off looking for a some little perch, I'll be sure to suit up in my goretex and fly by you at 120mph and creat some wind chill for you in your cardboard floater suit. LOL

And before the good ole boys from OFC gang up and cut me up Im outta here at 120 mph

Bring it on boyz!!

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Yup me an my floater suit will watch you roar by on the Cat. Then when it craps out like most of em do, I'll wave as I sail by at 125MPH on my SkiDOO. With my nice 2 dinner walleye's on board.

EEEEEEE

Well GCD I often wondered why so many die every year but no floater suit.

The video clearly shows proof that one has a much better chance to survive.

If I had a sled the suit would be on.

Who says a floater suit is not warm.

I bought mine one size too big with a couple of layers underneath I am often too hot.

A good quality suit is warm, a base model bouy O bouy suit may not be warm.

you get what you pay for.

Why is it one can spend as much as $12 000 dollars on a speedy snowmobile and not spend an extra $500

on something that can saves ones life.Its the same as being in a boat without a PFD on your back.

Pay now or die later.I would rather have the fighting chance with something that floats.

My mom's husband is a Firefighter in Northbay and they have the lovely job of finding the dead bodies at the bottom of the lake

he also told me about the snowmobilers that fall off at highspeed.Alot of mangled bodies.

Why are some so stubborn :dunno: Life is too short to be a hard head.

Good on you Glenn to post this :canadian: